Jay Hotel Johor Bahru

Check Johor Bahru Hotel Deals

Jay Hotel Johor Bahru Reviews

tour_guy tour_guy
Not a good choice!!! Jun 12, 2014
This hotel is located near the Malaysian land entry check point at Johur Bahru.

Sorry, no photos, but just my feedback about this place!

My friend and I went on a road trip from Singapore to Genting Highlands in Malaysia and we planned to have a night stop at Johur Bahru. Since it was about late in the night when we arrived and were tired, we decide to checkout this hotel since it was very close to hawker food, restaurants and shops.

We were actually mistaken with the outside look of the hotel and the attached music lounge and tricked by the staff by showing a room that was little decent. When we actually booked the room with 2 separate beds, we were given a room on a different floor. I was shocked once entering the room as it looked very dated, smelly and very hot. Even though the beds were made perfectly, it was stinking for some reasons and the next biggest shock was the leaky bathroom from the ceiling and mold all over. I really don't understand how the management even wanted to rent rooms in such a condition. To me it was horrible and just because we were too tired, we just thought not to use the bathroom during the stay and wrap-up quickly in the morning. Terrible, that's what I did.

I did not even feel like taking any photos for the review and thought it was not even worth writing the review. But I realized this review would at least alert others about this hotel.

After settling in the room we decided to have some thing to eat and since the old air condition wasn't efficient to beat the room heat, we did not wanted to remove the electronic key card from the socket and tried to insert some other train cards to keep the air con running. But nothing worked and so went to the front desk and explained the situation. The staff initially refused to provide an extra key for the air con, however, when I argued about the room condition, the guy finally agreed to leave our key on the socket and suggested that when we head back he will escort us to room and open the door for us, which he did as promised.

The music lounge was another joke..Just my friend and I was there at that time, but no one else and it was a Friday night!

This is just a common sense thing..room does not have a fan and it is very hot and stinky..removing the key card shuts down the air condition and we are only there for few hours..don't the management understand these things and do little favor to guests??? And moreover the mold, leaky and stained bathroom???

I wouldn't recommend to anyone even if you just need the bed to sleep. Find out other places and better checkout the actual room you will be staying before making any payment!

Check Johor Bahru Hotel Deals