Jax Kitchen

Jax Kitchen - Mussels came with fries

Jax Kitchen Tucson Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
Mouth watering Baked Goat Cheese & Tomatoes for an appetizer Feb 08, 2010
My taste buds were active two hours after we ate at Jax's Kitchen, I commend them highly. My date took me to this rather small restaurant 30 minutes away. Jax's had come highly recommended and he wanted to take me there. Reservations had been made for 8:00 pm, and our table was ready when we arrived. I would suggest you make reservations before going because the place get's busy due to it's popularity. I personally had never heard of Jax Kitchen until two nights ago when my date asked if I knew about it.

It is a rather small restaurant with limited sitting. Located within a nice shopping complex with easy access. The management of the restaurant I understand are husband and wife. The service team is excellent, articulate and knowledgeable, something I do not see very often even at the more fancy restaurants in town. But I loved the simple yet welcoming decor.

They had a very simple menu with four appetizers, three seconds and then a variety of the main course. My date ordered the muscles which came with a large portion of fries, while I ordered the baked Goat cheese starter which came with slices of fresh baguette. While we waited, our waiter brought sliced bread with olive oil and salt for dipping. The back of the menu had a nice selection of Italian and French wines and special cocktails at the bottom.

I ordered the Scottish Salmon for the main course which was plate licking delicious. The balance of flavors is excellent. Service was great in general.

I recommend Jax's Kitchen and would like to return to try their other main course meals especially the Pork Loin which I heard is a taste teaser. We did not have desert so I can not write with much authority about their desert menu.

The place was pretty busy, which is great, tells of how good they are.

The only thing I did not like was where we sat, it felt like we were too close to the door and my conversation with my date was interrupted by the movement of the service team to and from their welcoming desk at the entrance plus those who are leaving, others coming in.

Price : Average($8.50 - $17.00)

Cuisine: American/ comfort foods

Location: Good

Payment: Accepts all major credit,bank cards, and cash

Style: Fine Dinning
Mussels came with fries
Baked goat cheese and tomatoes

Check Tucson Hotel Deals