Java Cove Beach Hotel

www.javacovebeachhotel.com - +62 (0)265 708 2020

Java Cove Beach Hotel Batu Karas Reviews

pierreindo pierrein…
Cool hotel, casual and fun place Feb 19, 2011
A very cool place to stay. Staff friendly and everything casual but professional, maybe I have not stay any hotel in Indonesia so clean! Batu Karas fun surfing and very easy going place. Feels like the real Indonesia.
Timbul Timbul
Nice Place, Nice People, Great Atmosphere Mar 11, 2010
Java Cove is NOT Club Med!

If you are looking for a place with water slides, 5 star restaurants, and all night discos this is not it.

If you are looking for nice, clean accommodation, with friendly staff and a relaxed atmosphere this place should suit you. There's a nice right-hand point break perfect for beginner surfers and experienced alike. Long-boarders will be in heaven!

15 minutes away is the beautiful "Green Canyon". One of the most beautiful place I have seen in Indonesia.

If you have an inkling to party you can drive 40 minutes to Pangandaran beach and hit the clubs. Otherwise, just kick back and chill at Java Cove.
TimFromPerth TimFromP…
Quiet, scenic and friendly Sep 11, 2009
I spent two weeks in Batu Karas recently and had a wonderful time. Much of the credit for this is due to the staff of the Java Cove Beach Hotel.

Let's start by saying what this place is not. This is not a Hilton. There's no pool, no shopping to speak of, and no entertainment. If that's what you're after, great. You'll find it in Bali or a hundred other destinations.

Instead, this is simple western-style accommodation in a place where you wouldn't expect it.

When you're expecting (or have gotten used to) a squat toilet, a cold shower and high humidity then a place like the Java Cove is a little touch of paradise! It offers clean rooms with a comfy bed, a western toilet and air conditioning.

The two Aussie owners of the Java Cove are lovely folk who go out of their way to see that all of their guests are enjoying themselves. By the end of my stay, they had become friends. It's that kind of place.

The Java Cove Beach Hotel is located in Batu Karas (aka Batukaras or Batu Keras). This is a simple and remote village that will appeal to surfers, those wanting to immerse themselves in another culture, or anyone who just wants to get away from it all.

If you want something simple and peaceful, this is the place.
The Java Cove Beach Hotel
The beach is only metres away and …
Some of the nearby locations are l…
YantiSoeparno YantiSoe…
Simple hotel by the beach Mar 26, 2009
I fell in love at the first sight with this hotel. But, when I arrived there, to speak frankly I was kind broken hearted :-( It was because the fact was different with my imagination, cause I did't have enough information, so my imagination was so far away ;D

Here are the differences between the fact and my imagination:

1. the hotel and the site are small, it is only one 2-stories building - I thought it was big :-(

2. the hotel and the beach are separated by a street - I thought it was not :-(

3. the balcony is the corridor - I thought each room has a private balcony :-(

4. the restaurant has 2 areas: indoor and outdoor - the restaurant is small, outdoor, right next to the street, and cannot be used when raining :-(

5. the hot water in my room didn't work - I thought I could enjoy a warm shower after playing at the beach :-(

6. the TV in my room didn't work, even the staff couldn't help us to find the channel - even I went there not to watch TV but this thing was still irritating :-(

7. there were many cloths hanging at the terrace that reminded me of uni students' rooms in Indonesia - never thought that it could happen in a hotel ;D

8. the room and the corridor are separated by full glass doors, it is nice but lack of privacy even they provide horizontal blind - I expected a private balcony :-(

What I like from the hotel is the design of the bathroom and the open space. I think the hotel is suitable for young single or couple guests especially surfers, but not for family guests like us :-(
looking through the bedroom from t…
one side of the room
the other side of the room
the rain shower and the closet
javacovebeachhotel says:
Regarding the TV reception, IndoVision (satellite TV provider) has now fixed the signal issues to this area so this problem has been addressed.

Although we would prefer guests not to hang their clothes on their balconies we realise that it is just something we have to accept in a beach hotel!

Our full-length glass and teak doors provide views directly to the beach and ocean. Closing the bamboo blinds we have provided on each door enable guests to have 100% privacy in their rooms - the choice is yours!

A malfunctioning hot water system is not acceptable and we apologise if it did not meet your expectations. We have followed this up with maintenance staff and the problem has been promptly fixed. All staff have now been instructed to check and ensure that the hot water is functioning in every room before every check in. Again, apologies for any inconvenience caused.

We wish you all the best with your travels Yanti and look forward to welcoming you to JavaCove Beach Hotel in the future.

Thanks and regards,

JavaCove Beach Hotel management
Posted on: Mar 11, 2010
javacovebeachhotel says:
Thank you for your comments Yanti. We welcome and encourage guest feedback so we can strive to improve the experience here at JavaCove Beach Hotel.

We agree with you that our hotel has not been entirely suitable for families. In the hotel industry it is difficult to be everything for everyone and, as you pointed out, JavaCove's main guest base has traditionally been surfers and younger people. Over the years we have continued to renovate our hotel to the point that we have been overwhelmed with the number of Indonesian families that love what JavaCove has become. We have aimed to adapt to this new market and since your stay here we have built new Family rooms complete with large private balconies!

Regarding your comment about the size of our hotel, we always intended JavaCove to be a small hotel providing an intimate experience (we outline on our website that we are a 15 room hotel). The concept of a large, resort style enclave hotel does not fit with our philosophy of creating accommodation that fits in with the local village environment and community of Batu Karas. This is also the reason we prefer to keep our restaurant small. As you may have noticed in your room compendium we encourage our guests to eat at the locally-operated restaurants so income is shared around the village. We are currently building a roof over part of the wood decked restaurant area for use when raining, but we will always maintain the 'alfresco' beachside dining experience to celebrate the wonderful climate of Indonesia!
Posted on: Mar 11, 2010
aligoingbackpacks aligoing…
Gotta stay here for every visit to Batu Karas beach Dec 31, 2007
I stayed here during my last visit to Batu Karas, and I found it very good. Yes, the location is superb, just a stone throw away to the beach, yet you can still see the ocean from your room's balcony. The room is quite nicely put and clean. There's no TV, but who cares?? I didn't come here to watch TV anyway :-D

The lounge chairs under the umbrella awaiting in the middle of its front yard were always a nice spot to converse with fellow hotel's guest, or alternatively, you can sit by the bar, Sunda Bar, and asked for special healthy smoothies suitable for your body after a day-full surfing. But well, since I'm not a smoothies-type of person, I opted for ice cappucino instead.

You can have your room on the ground level or the ones upstair with ocean view which is also more spacious. Either way, their rooms are quite cozy. No, you can't compare the mattress used here with the one used by the Four Seasons, but it's still so comfortable I didn't find any problem sleeping at night.

Breakfast & complimentary Tea/Coffee making facility are included, but for other meals you need to go to nearby restaurants or warungs -- I think this is a good example of economic cooperation between an institution and the citizen living in the area. By doing so, the locals will gain benefit as well from the hotel's guests - kind of economic trickle down effect, I think :-D

Naturally, of course, guests are getting a good opportunity to try some of Indonesian fresh & authentic meals that ,guaranteed, won't break their wallet!

Another important thing is due to local regulations, the hotel don't sell any liquour or anything that has more than 5% alcohol in it. Only beers allowed in the bar.

Overall, my friends & I did feel satisfied with the facilities and the atmosphere that this hotel offered. After a tiring day at the beach, we would meet the owner at the bar and chatted until the evening comes, and then, his wive would drop by as well. Got to meet & know fellow hotel guests was also an added bonus. Their hotel crews are helpful & friendly. And most importantly, the rate wasn't hurting either! :-D

Just remember, since this is located in the tiny village, don't expect to find a club with loud music! Believe me, at night, this area could be soooooooo quite, but I wouldn't mind at all, and I hope you wouldn't either :-D
kyunine says:
and you experienced all of those because i organized the trip... thanks to me dong bang ali.... hehehehehehehe
Posted on: Jan 26, 2010