Java Banana Bromo

Jl. Raya Bromo Wanotoro Probolinggo 67254, Sukapura, Indonesia - (0335) 541193

Compare Jakarta Hotel Rates (10.9km away)

Java Banana Bromo Sukapura Reviews

ariwardani ariwarda…
Not recommended Jun 20, 2013
This hotel is pricey. I have to pay IDR 1,490,000 for a deluxe room. When I looked at the room, it's just a plain standard 3 star interior and square meters room.

I don't have any other option because this one is the best out of the entire selections around Bromo area.

I have an impression that the owner emphasize more focus on the art gallery rather than on the quality of the hotel services.

I don't have any good comment during my one night stay in this hotel. At night, there was some preparation for an event called "Jazz Gunung"/Mountain Jazz. They did many activities regarding the venue such as stemming the music equipment, checking the sound system, and so on. So noisy and disturb the guests.

More over, there were some renovation progress going on right in front of my door. The hotel will extend its space by build another wings in front of my room. So, the floor along the hall was covered with cement dust.

The worst part was that the builders keep on working although it's already late/more than 5 pm. They took extra time to get some extra money. Oh, what a catastrophe.

Lucky for us, if you can call us lucky, all the noise, whether coming from the music preparation and from the builders finally stopped at 9 pm.

Thank God.
The room
Another view.
The bathroom. It's small.
The alley.
ariwardani says:
Tania, you are right :)
Vance, thanks!
sweettangerine says:
At least we know where not to stay :)
vances says:
How disappointing - appreciate the honest feedback!
bernard69 bernard69
CAN DO BETTER!! May 25, 2012
After our trip to the Ijjen volcano in 2007,I was eager to enjoy the Bromo area and stayed in the best and most expensive hotel of its vicinity.

Java Banana Bromo is owned by a rich and perspicacious banker,Sigit Pramano who developed since childhood his interest and talent for photography:he displays in the hotel gallery and in the restaurant many of his notable landscape works(no pics allowed).

The hotel located 2000 meters above sea level with a daylight temperature around 14-16°C and 6-10°C at night has a modern architecture with well-crafted interior of wood and lovely grounds and views.

Our room was small,humid(no heater or AC)but clean and decent.For the price paid 1,5 Juta around 130 euro I expected

more than one hanger and towel/pax and a bathroom more convenient:the washbasin isn't in the bathroom!!

The breakfast was very poor with only one kind of bad pineapple jam...
plenty of datura trees
contemporary design

Compare Jakarta Hotel Rates (10.9km away)

Sukapura Map