Jatujak Market

Bangkok, Thailand

Jatujak Market Bangkok Reviews

yani_istora yani_ist…
Surviving Jatujak Market Jun 19, 2010
Jatujak Market is a MUST to go to when you're visiting Bangkok, Thailand.

I've been to Bangkok 4 times and I've only been to Jatujak market once. I keep wondering why I didn't go there for the other 3 trips :|

Jatujak Market is also known as Chatucak Market or JJ Market. Jatujak is one of the largest market in the world, and it is only opened on weekends.

Jatujak covers 28 acres of ground surface, divided into 28 sections and has more than 10,000 stalls (I've read somewhere it has around 15,000 stalls!!). Crazy, isn't it??

You won't be able to cover the market in a day, believe me!

Anyways, tips tips tips..

1. Do come earlier to the market since there are so many people going there - imagine hundreds of thousands of people (IMAGINE)... Come early also, because they close around 7pm. You don't wanna miss visiting as many stalls as you can - I did :((((

2. Wear light clothes and comfy footwear. I think the best attire to wear would be a thin t-shirt, a comfy pants, and slippers/sport shoes. Don't mind when you see many fashionable ppl with dresses and high heels - they are suffering in silence! Kidding =)

3. Bring a backpack / a luggage which you can pull / a trolley (if you have one). You will be buying many stuffs until you hands are full, so it's best to put them into the bag, so you won't lose some of them on the way. It's also a good way to save the planet - use less plastic bags!

4. Do bargain with the stall owners. Some will be hesitant to lower down the price, but after much persuasion, they will give in =)

5. Bring water since it will be hot and tiring visiting all the stalls. You can also try the drinks and food that they sell there. Look for clean-looking stalls, mind you.

6. I don't think using an umbrella is effective since there will be many people and you might just hurt someone =|

7. Do check out stalls in the many available 'sois' or little streets. They tend to have more interesting and cheaper stuffs.

8. Do be polite to others. We are all citizens of the Earth =))

9. Do not throw rubbish as you like. There are rubbish bins provided, OK.

10. Bring enough money, please. Most stalls do not offer the service of a credit card. (I left most of my cash in the hotel! I missed out on many stuffs!)

Last but not least, enjoy Jatujak. Seeing all the people is a satisfaction itself =)

Related Travel Blogs About Jatujak Market

Good Memories!
These are just a few pictures I found on an old file. I seem to have lost pics and found pics From a 2004 Thailand trip. Life always seemed simpler looking back but was it really? It was in April of …Bangkok we were at the Jatujak Weekend market. (Chatuchak is the recent tranliteration but there are many for the Thai…

Check Bangkok Hotel Deals