Jasmine Lodge

Jasmine Lodge Siem Reap Reviews

1971K2 1971K2
OK, but was hoping for a more enjoyable stay Jun 17, 2013
Didn't realise that they have 2 separate locations:

1. The main building down a quiet side street (where most of the photos are from), and

2. A wing off the main road, across a busy road.

I booked a room with a fan and private bath, and was given a room in the wing. The room and bathroom was clean enough, they let me use the internet terminal for free, the staff were friendly and helped with the booking of a mini-van to Phnom Penh, and the breakfast was fairly decent.

1. They were in the process of building another block of rooms right next to the wing building, so that meant the sound of construction started early in the morning. As I wasn't planning a dawn visit to the temples during this trip, this meant that a sleep-in had to be ruled out.

2. Breakfast is served in the main building.

3. Experiencing the owner, Mr Khun in an extremely unpleasant huff.

Basically one of the guests had to leave to pool in hurry the night before when a temporary black-out had occurred, so she left her flip-flops behind. When she woke up the next morning, she was unable to find them and was upset about this. As she had small feet, she was unsure if she'd be able to find another pair her size.

She and Mr Khun got into heated discussion on the issuse, that everyone at breakfast had to endure throughout our meal. It really destroyed the otherwise good vibe of the place.

Having just read the other reviews of Jasmine Lodge on Trip Advisor, I feel I would have enjoyed my stay in Siem Reap better if I'd stayed at another hostel, rather than take the chance that Mr Khun would be in a better mood ...

If you choose to stay here, be prepared for the chance that your relaxing meal and stay maybe completely ruined by a prolonged 30mins outburst that can happen at any time.

Stayed there for a night in late March 2013.
savitri savitri
Seam Reap hostpitality Feb 11, 2009
We stayed at Jasmine lodge after recommended by friend who used to stay in here. As we were 3, we took the triple room which cost $15/room. So each of us only paid $5. On the last day where only 2 of us left, the room also only were charged for 2 person ( $10 ).

It was a nice huge room at the 3rd floor. The room is clean and neat, with fan and bathroom inside. It has a view of main street and houses nearby. It was little hot during the day, but simply just turned on the fan and open the window and the door.

The mattress were good and the room was made up everyday.

The room cost was included breakfast. It was mainly Baguette with eggs or jam for your choice, coffee/tea and fruit. Enough to start the day exploring the temples.

The owner Mr Khun was really nice and helpful person and the hostel itself has a lot of information what to see/do in Seam reap apart from Angkor temples. We booked the buffet dinner with Apsara dance from here. We arranged our transport from here ( Tuk Tuk and Bicycle ).

For lunch & dinner, they have variety selections of simple western food and Cambodian food which taste good and reasonable price. It also had a huge refrigerator with selections of drinks and water bottle.

Here is the link of Jasmine Lodge website : http://www.jasminelodge.com/index.php
The dining and common area
In front of Jasmine Lodge
dave_cambodia dave_cam…
Loved It. Feb 28, 2009
We stayed in June 04 so this is outdated as its now 09 but I hope it hasnt changed. Now then, this place is more than the sum of it's parts. The rooms are large and clean. The bathrooms though basic are clean and everything works in there. The guesthouse also has a lovely open sided raised restaraunt where you can get free coffee, breakfast is served and food available all day. There is a beer fridge upstairs as well that you help yourself to and write down what you take in your book (pay at the end of your stay), also upstairs is a tv which shows documentaries on Angkor when requested, as well as a CD player for use by any guests.

The thing that makes Jasmine lodge so special is Mr Kunn, the man is a legend, he speaks 4 or 5 languages, is impartial when it comes to advice on where to go and who to go with, can sort out onward travel arrangements and a whole host of other things. Ask him about his wedding, or Cambodian folk tales. An excellent place.
andiboi andiboi
dirty whites Jun 16, 2008
I got this room for only $4 (discounted) a night inclusive of own toilet and shower. It doesn’t have hot shower though, which you really don’t need since it’s hot enough as it is in Cambodia…

The place is cozy with a pool table upstairs…

…just don’t have your laundry done here; I’ve had 6 whites that will be ashamed to attend their wedding this June—it seemed like they had mud wrestling just before they had detergents (I really thought they washed my clothes in the Cambodian river hehe)… for a dollar a kilo I’d say try them at your own risk.

Overall I would recommend this place; the staff is friendly and the owner Khunn tries his hard to be hospitable with the guests, just be wary of motorbike drivers outside who would charge you double the asking price, and remember to bring down the price down to 50% at the onset of the haggling.
the sign
parked tuktuk @ jasmine's ...my b…
darlingwish darlingw…
On A Very Budget Room Sep 25, 2007
I went online and looked for the cheapest room possible in Siem Reap and there I found it, Jasmine Lodge, 3$ for a double room. Of course, I wouldn't mind sharing a bathroom with other travelers, how bad can it be.

Location was fairly good. Our tuk-tuk driver took us there in no time after we were randomly dropped off by our taxi in some random road in Siem Reap. The staff were really nice and friendly. We didn't get to try their food though because everytime we try to order something no one was there to cook so we ate all the time at the nearby japanese hostel instead.

Internet is not free and quite expensive compared to the internet cafe just a few minute walk outside. The room we got wasn't that great, with NO windows and only one fan that barely moved/rotated/swinged? hehe. And the bathroom was the worst of all. Water was very stinky and it wasn't definitely clean. It wasn't really shared with the other guests (as no one but us chose to suffer) but with the staff, and many randoms (tuk-tuk drivers!).

But all in all it wasn't so bad. They have free pool and the common room/restaurant is cosy. I loved talking to the staff who were laughing at me playing a riduculous game of billiards (on which i have mistaken the pink ball as the white one thrice... wait, there is a pink ball right?!). I will stay here again but next time, I'll not mind spending a couple more dollars for a good shower.
just so you know where to go
have some.. ugh water?
Jasmine Lodge
andiboi says:
hi hanie,
nice blog, i have already made reservations there on the 16th until the 20th of this month. 'yun nga lang i booked a fan room w/ private bathroom, so I won't smell sh*t after every shower hehe.
thanks for the trip...
sayang di tayo mag-aabot sa Saigon :-(
Posted on: Jun 05, 2008

Related Travel Blogs About Jasmine Lodge

Ta Phrom-Ta Keo-Angkor Wat (sunset)
May 27 - 1 June 2005, 6D5N in Angkor Wat.It was scorching hot n humid during my visit, almost melted under the sun. During summer season, temperature increase from 24 to 35 degree with no breeze. …Siem Reap Airport at 10am, Mr Kunn owner of Jasmine Lodge with his 2 year old daughter waiting outside the airport…

Check Jasmine Lodge Rates and Deals