Jardin du Luxembourg

01 42 34 20 00

Jardin du Luxembourg Paris Reviews

Glynnes Glynnes
A Paris Garden to Enjoy Oct 03, 2010
The Jardin du Luxembourg located in the 6th arrondissement (Left Bank) is the largest public park and as well as very popular park in Paris, France.

I decided to spend my Sunday at the Jardin du Luxembourg enjoying a picnic under the chestnut trees with friends, while catching up on what I have missed since my last visit to Paris. I always enjoy visiting the Jardin du Luxembourg on a sunny day, there is always so much to see and do. The gardens are a very enchanting place in Paris, and not to mention the effect the tranquil atmosphere of the park has on me. The layout of the magnificent gardens (filled with an abundant amount of multi-colored flowering plants), is centered around the Luxembourg Palace and dominated by an enormous octagonal pool. The statues of various past queens of France (many were erected in the 19th century during the reign of Louis-Philippe) are scattered throughout the green oasis of the park. Saint Genevieve’s (patron saint of Paris) status is not to be missed, along with Fontaine de Médicis statue (17th century fountain), and the Monument to Delacroix statue by Jules Dalou, as you are walking along the terraces that overlook the octagonal pool.

The Jardin du Luxembourg also has several tennis courts and outdoor cafés. Chairs are scattered throughout the park, so you can sit and relax in the shade, or by the octagonal pool, or simply watch the people playing chess. There is no admission fee to the park and it is open daily from 8:15am until sunset or according to season.

Don’t forget to visit the Jardin de la Roseraie, a small secluded garden located within the Jardin du Luxembourg, it is a marvelous place sit and contemplate things in your life without anyone interrupting you.

To visit the Jardin du Luxembourg take the Métro to Mabillon, Saint-Sulpice, or Odéon station or the REF to the Luxembourg station.
Jardin du Luxembourg Entrance
spocklogic says:
It's one of my favorite places to relax in Paris, despite that my shoes are always dusty when I exit. : )
Posted on: Jan 22, 2011

Related Travel Blogs About Jardin du Luxembourg

Jardin du Luxembourg
The Jardin du Luxembourg (familiar nickname Luco) is a 224,500 m² public park and the largest in the city, located in the 6th arrondissement of Paris, France. Luxembourg is the garden of the Frenc…Jardin du Luxembourg (familiar nickname Luco ) is a 224,500 m² public park and the largest in the city, located in the 6th arrondissement of Paris
My favorite places in Paris :
By night : - Ile de la cité, for the animation (in summer, you can find dancers, clowns, bands, jugglers, painters, ...) - St Michel / St Germain, for the caves and their great jazz artists (most…Paris by night.....)   By day : - Jardin du Luxembourg, to take a long nap around the fountains or in the grass…
Je suis allé à Paris
On my arrival in Paris yesterday my first thought was to completely collapse and sleep, but I wasn't going to waste my first afternoon in France. I wandered through the Parisian streets (marvel…Jardin du Luxembourg - very pretty (large) gardens, although all throughout Paris there are beautifully kept little parks and squares on every…

Check Paris Hotel Deals