Villers 97126 Deshaies, Deshaies, Guadeloupe
590 28 43 02

Jardin Botanic de Deshais Deshaies Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Fabulous walk in flower land Apr 24, 2012
The next goal of the day was a visit to the botanical gardens of Deshaies, something that we already had heard from others should be really magnificent. We followed the road from Ferry and went up and down in the amazing landscape. There were some road construction and it was funny to be in good time and just what the queue growing and the trucks moving back and fourth in front of each other and driving out when there finally was a green light.

We reached the botanical garden after 10-15 minutes drive and luckily there were not many cars at the parking. I didn’t have high expectations getting in there but boy was I positively surprised, as the place was amazing. I had already taken the first 5 pictures before I reached the entrance where we had to pay. The entrance fee was 15 euro, which I thought was a bit steep before I entered but afterwards I found it more than fair.

The first thing you almost stepped into was a pond full of extremely hungry koi carps; the colors on these fish were just amazing and they were so anxious about getting to the food that they pushed each other up from the water, which was quite awesome to watch. The pond was beautiful and to my surprise so would the rest of the walk in this remarkable park be.

You were given directions that you should follow in order to see all the graze of the park and it worked really well because that everybody were moving in the same direction. The flowers, plants and the general set-up were really awesome. I had a really wonderful walk in the park and I was stunned at the beauty of the place. We spent close to two hours walking the path up and down the park and enjoyed the waterfall and the birds as well. This visit is truly recommendable if you are in the neighborhood.
Chokk says:
Sarah - they are coming now - but I guess you're on the bike !
Posted on: May 06, 2012
sarahsan says:
Nice review! Looking forward to the photos!
Posted on: Apr 28, 2012
Chokk says:
Cant wait to put up the pictures but it is not possible from where I am staying
Posted on: Apr 27, 2012