Japonais

(866) 339-4566

Japonais Las Vegas Reviews

kayguarnay kayguarn…
Brilliant! Nov 17, 2015
I spent a few hours of my last day in Vegas in this Oasis. If you like bright flashy lights, smoke and disco blaring music, then read no further.

If you like me you need a place to relax from the hustle and bustle of the strip, then this was the perfect place. I had been to just about all the other strip hotels in the time that our conference was scheduled, but I hadn't gone to the Flamingo, so I ventured into the building because I was told there might be an outdoor section without smoke or loud music in there (I was seeking to return back to nature). Although I didn't find the nature escape, I did get the recommendation to go to this restaurant by one of the casino staff (Russ, thank you!). I walked in and decided to sit at the bar in the back, next to a cascading waterfall on the wall. The room was dark, with soft light and beautiful glassware on backlit shelves. It was immediately calming to my tired eyes (tired from all the flashy lights!). I sat across a very nice Korean woman who in the process of making the most delicious sushi rolls filled me in on the restaurant. It's owned by a couple (he- Spanish, and she- Japanese). The owner speaks perfect Japanese and very good Korean. In fact I heard him walk over and chat with his staff in the process of helping me make a selection. In our back and forth banter I managed to order a perfectly salted (read- low sodium) miso soup and chuckled about the absence of ginger in the salad (his wife hides it because he hates the taste). I learned a great deal about Las Vegas (which I initially found quite off putting) so having a conversation with these guys was redeeming of my experience there. In the end, I felt I had sat at the bar for a mighty long time so I told the owner it was time to "toss me out," but that he could only do that in Russian. Much to my surprise, he responded in perfect: "до свидания!" Wow! nice. The rest of my walk to the exit was banter in perfect Spanish. I felt my need for a cultural experience perfectly satisfied. If I am ever in Las Vegas again --- I will be back! (I know they are thinking of changing the name, but I hope they don't -- this place rocks!)

Check Las Vegas Hotel Deals