Japas 38

www.japas38.com - 212-679-4040

Japas 38 New York Reviews

Transitory Transito…
Karoke Bar Apr 03, 2009
As my cousin is in NYC for the first time, and I am preparing to leave to Egypt...I thought let's go somewhere we can all celebrate being together but not stay out esp. late as it was Thurs. night and everyone still had to work the next day. So off to Japas38 on one of my friend's suggestions.

Once we walked in, there was a bar, clean, snazzy style :), so no sticky floors, and of course a small group of tipsy guys and gals singing renditions of karaoke bar favs. like "I will survive." We went downstairs to one of the private rooms to accommodate our group.

The room had low bar style seating, a little rough for wear but seemed clean. The screen was large enough, and the text was clear. Also, a huge selection of songs, old favs. and a lot of current songs as well. The servers were helpful and not intrusive.

We were a group of about 8 that grew to a group of 12; eventually we were moved to a larger room upstairs, which the seats were a bit seedier...

We had a great time, lots of laughs, as karaoke is always a good ice breaker; if you have ppl who enthusiastically perform and esp. if you have a couple of hams in the group who sing songs like Sir Mix-a-lot's "Baby got back."

The final bill was $400 (including tip) for 4 hours of entertainment, some dishes of teriyaki, sushi, snack baskets and some drinks which was all right. Prices were: $8/hour (each person).

I'd recommend Japas 38 for some solid cheesy fun if you are in the Murray Hill area.

Check New York Hotel Deals