Japanese Tea Garden

75 Hagiwara Tea Garden Dr, San Francisco, CA, USA

Japanese Tea Garden San Francisco Reviews

anewchapter anewchap…
San Francisco Japan Apr 14, 2015
As of writing this Japan is still may favourite country to visit so when I knew there was a Japanese Tea Garden in San Francisco I just had to go.

The garden has free admission Mon, Wed & Fri if you arrive by 10am, if not its $6 for Adults.

I was very surprised at how authentic the garden felt. If I didn't know better I would have said it was in Japan not San Francisco.

The Garden is relatively small but has some many photo spots that you could be there for about an hour.

They serve green tea but the cafe was soooo packed and had a long queue outside that I gave the green tea sampling a miss.

The Garden was very clean and well kept and just like in Japan had carp swimming in the ponds. It was also the first time I had the chance to see cherry blossoms so that was very cool!!

I'd highly recommend visiting the Japanese Tea Garden. Its authentic, cheap and easy to get to by bus.
AthinaJewel AthinaJe…
Beautiful, peaceful, and affordable! Nov 19, 2013
The Japanese Tea Gardens is a must visit when in San Francisco. It is located in the Golden Gate Park. It's beautiful and a peaceful area. There is traditional architecture, also a little cafe to have tea and snacks. Overall it's a great spot for family because there are other things to do besides the gardens. Price is vary pocket friendly. Check their website for more specials they do have some days where there is free entry before certain times.
mika_beck mika_beck
Japanese Tea Garden May 22, 2011
The one thing we decided to make time for at the Golden Gate Park was a visit to the Japanese Tea Garden, and I'm really glad that we did. This beautifully landscaped garden was created in 1894 as part of the California Midwinter International Exposition - it was the very first Japanese Garden to be created in the US and it became such a success with visitors that its designer, Makoto Hagiwara, suggested turning it into a permanent attraction. Over a century later, the Japanese Tea Garden is still as beautiful and just as popular as it was in its beginnings. Although it might not look very big from the outside, it took us over an hour to walk though the garden - I have to admit that our walk was mostly impeded by the garden's numerous photogenic features! It was also impossible to leave without stopping by the tea house, where there is a nice selection of tea and desserts that you can enjoy in a wonderful setting. Our visit to the Japanese Tea Garden was by far the best part of our quick tour of Golden Gate Park!

The Japanese Tea Garden is open daily from 8:30 am to 6:00 pm. Admission: $3.50
tylerstar23 tylersta…
Japanese Tea Garden Jan 10, 1996
As a local or tourist, there are many fun things to do and see at Golden Gate Park.. museums, hiking, biking, drum circles or just lazin' around.. my favorite place to visit there is the Japanese Tea Garden. The mere ambience lends to a very peaceful walk through... native Japanese plants, bridges and towers mark the gardens uniqueness. Touch the mossy grass near the koi pond it feels interesting. Relax, reflect. Enjoy some tea and snacks at the tea house served by very cute ladies in authentic komonos. Stop by the gift shop to purchase komonos, saki sets and all your tea drinking needs. Just $5 bucks, can't beat it!

Related Travel Blogs About Japanese Tea Garden

Golden Gate Park - Part 1
An absolutely perfect day of weather in San Francisco motivated me to spend a few hours exploring Golden Gate Park. Situated on the western edge of the city, Golden Gate Park extends from the Haight…Japanese Tea Garden is immediately adjacent to the museum. This garden was originally an exhibit from the Expo of 1894 and has been a San Francisco
My California Adventure
On June 19, 2009 i departed Florida to head out to my california vacation. I arrived at Oakland Airport greeted by family and the adventure begins. I stayed in Milpitas, California (Northern Are…San Francisco. We enjoyed tea at the Japanese Tea Garden and then it was off to the King Tut exhibit…

Check San Francisco Hotel Deals