Japanese Gardens

(045) 521 617

Japanese Gardens Kildare Reviews

josephf josephf
Japanese Gardens (Slow Motion) Aug 04, 2011

I seen couple of reviews about this place one of them was with a taste of critics, so I decided to say something good about that place.

The most important thing before going to Japanese Gardens is the mindset. I tried to motivate myself about thinking that it might be the only opportunity to be in such garden despite I ignored a fact that it's even not in Asia. Desipte all of that - the place is worth for award as it is being developed for over 100 years and has a right to be called - real Japanese garden.

The other thing I really suggest - don't be in rush, it's a place to turnoff your hi-tec devices, put all bad moods away, take a sit and be with your minds for a time.

So for everybody who hopes to find grand attraction park with Disney castle inside - it's not the place. Know why you visting this place and get most of it!
gav17182 gav17182
Expensive Japanese Gardens Mar 21, 2011
The Japanese Gardens are nice but must say are small aswell.

It is a narrow path leading around a small Japanese Garden, which I dont think is even half the size of a soccer pitch.

Also in the same attaction is the Irish national stud, if you love horses Im sure you will like it there, but again I wouldnt say its anything spectacular for the money you pay in.

Horse Museum is very small and really does not have much in it.

I think if you are going with your family best to bring lunch, not much of a option in the restaurant area, and expensive for what you get.

Guided Tours available daily at 12 noon, 2:30pm and 4:00pm

Admission Charges 2011

Adult €11.00 per person

Concessions (Students & Seniors) €8.00 per person

Children under 16 years €6.00

Family - 2 Adults & 4 children under 16 years €27.00.

FREE Car & Coach Park
sarah_82 sarah_82
Japanese Gardens - Kildare Aug 05, 2008
Sharing the same estate as the National Stud are the Japanese Gardens. They were laid out in 1906-1910 by Japanese landscape gardener Tassa Eida, with the help of his son and 40 assistants. The impressive array of trees and shrubs include maple, bonsai, mulberry, magnolia, sacred bamboo and cherry. The gardens take the form of an allegorial journey through life, beginning with the Gate of Oblivion and leading to the Gateway of Eternity, a contemplative Zen rock-garden.

Price: €10.50 adult

€ 6.50 child (under 16)

€18.00 family

Open : 10-6 (feb-nov)
Tea House

Related Travel Blogs About Japanese Gardens

Japanese Gardens
We had planned to set off at 10, but as usual when I go anywhere with my family we got delayed. It was 11:45 when we finally got on the road. Kildare is two and a half hours from Limerick and we…Kildare is two and a half hours from Limerick and we arrived at half two. These gardens were designed by Japanese

Check Kildare Hotel Deals