Japan Airlines - Joint partner JAA (Japan Asian Airways)

Narita Airport, Brisbane, Australia
Japan Airlines - Joint partner JAA (Japan Asian Airways) - Notice 4 digit by the tail/wing.
Japan Airlines - Joint partner JAA (Japan Asian Airways) - Ash tray in toilet
Japan Airlines - Joint partner JAA (Japan Asian Airways) - Bad wine snack okay
Japan Airlines - Joint partner JAA (Japan Asian Airways) - Menu BAD
Japan Airlines - Joint partner JAA (Japan Asian Airways) - Wrong Plane ????

Japan Airlines - Joint partner JAA (Japan Asian Airways) Brisbane Reviews

aussielivinginjapan aussieli…
Jul 01, 2006
I have something that I think is important for everyone to know about this airline.

I took a flight from Narita Airport to Brisbane airport in 2006 it was about a year ago now. I was told it would be Japan Airlines (JAL) . Japan Airlines is pretty well known and has good reviews so I was thinking “NO WORRIES MATE”. Well upon boarding the plane it was actually their affiliate airline known as Japan Asian Airways (JAA).

Well the problem is with JAA flights the aircraft is smaller and a lot smaller no leg room for big people my husband is over 6ft and was uncomfortable the whole trip he could not stretch out he could not even put his tray down for food his legs were hitting the tray.

We boarded a Boeing 767-300 yet the safety card in the seat pocket stated it was a Boeing 747 and JAL aircraft. NOT GOOD.

How do I know this well 6 years of working in the travel industry you learn a lot.

Let me say DO NOT FLY ON JAA (Japan Asian Airways) they are old planes, no room, bad service, bad food and look like a plane that stepped out of the early 80's. Yes they are cheap but if your travel agent does not tell you up front that it is not a Japan Airlines flight then don’t be surprised.

You can normally tell by the cheap airfare and the flight number will be a 4 digit number. Maybe I’m a picky traveler but I know that a comfortable flight is worth paying for and if someone lies about it and crushes your expectation that is not a good incentive to want to travel again.

For example they still had Ash trays in the toilet? WHAT

I believe all smoking is banned on all airlines these days so please explain?????

Oh and the old style facility of personal hygiene products were very low grade.

My advice is check your ticket. Normally a JAL (Japan Air Lines) flight will have three numbers eg..JL123 but if it’s the affiliate airline JAA (Japan Asian Airways) it will be a four number eg JL1234. And sometimes you don't even know till you board the plane.

NOTE: Most of these flights fly predominately back and forward to Asian countries or Oceanic Asian countries.
Notice 4 digit by the tail/wing.
Ash tray in toilet