Jang Resort Phuket

Check Phuket Hotel Deals

Jang Resort Phuket Reviews

ariluvs2travel ariluvs2…
Day 1 of my adventure! Jang Resort! Feb 10, 2010
I was booked to stay at the Seeka Resort, however my flight was delayed, and i missed my layover. In a nutshell I arrived at 2am, and Seeka was booked.

When I arrived at seeka I was pleased with the external appearance compared to the others I had seen from the shuttle when others were dropped off. Granted a passenger on the bus spent half as much for a hotel called Baan something and though its not fancy outside, how many of us really make use of that anyway.

Sooo back to the review, the kind gentleman at seeka front desk explained the situation and drove me from kata beach to patong beach, which I believe to be a better location to the Jang Resort. The external was very nice, although the beach chairs airing out were blocking the stairs to my floor. I was on the second floor, there is no elevator but the Jang Resort security carried my bags up for me.

The room appeared clean and the towels were arranged nicely on the bed. There was no in room safe as I was expecting, I have asked for one, perhaps they will bring one up at a more reasonable hour.

When I called the front desk to inquire about the internet password, the front desk employee came to the door with a handwritten note with the name and password immediately. He asked me to log in and make sure that it worked. He watched me log in and after that was done he asked me if I was happy with the room.

The room is a nice size, plenty of storage, a well stocked minibar. The shower was a bit questionable, when turning on the shower all the water went directly outside of the shower onto the floor, had to be creative with showering to make sure i did not flood the bathroom.

Overall I am happy with the service and the room. I may relocate back to seeka if they have available rooms but if not I will not be dissapointed.
Eric says:
Hi Ariane -- thanks for the great review and photos. Thanks for sharing your hotel review on TravBuddy, helps out the site a lot!
Posted on: Feb 10, 2010
Rokerij Rokerij
Roach Hotel Dec 30, 2010
Arriving:

We flew from Chiang Mai and took a 650 baht taxi from the airport. The taxi of course tried stopped at friends shops to sell us stuff, but I was so sick I was uninterested. Probably would have felt the same if I was not sick.

The Hotel:

Like most of Phuket it was hidden in the mazes of streets and only a few minute walk to Patong beach. The location was the best part of this hotel.

The room was, we believe, designed by a blind monkey who was throwing things at other things and someone was taking notes. In other words it was hideous. The bathrooms were horribly placed large stones mortared to other large stones leaving large homes for cockroaches, which we seen a lot of. It was disgusting. To top it off we were given a street facing room which meant loud music and hearing girls yell "massaaaaaagggggggeeeeee" all hours of the night.

I was sick and needed rest and this hotel was so gross I couldn't get that rest. We contacted Agoda who refused to do anything. We book through those type of sites because we want their help in these situations. Hotels.com and Orbitz have helped us on previous trips, but Agoda.com told us to go f ourselves in not so many words.

Fortunately my wife was able to get us moved to a different room which was like night at day, but still not good. I spent 3 days in the room sick as a dog.

The Pool:

Really the only up side to this hotel. It was small but nice and clean.

Non-existent. You check in, you check out. Nothing in between.

If I Ran It:

- Reno the bathrooms completely. They are currently built to be a roach housing complex, and they are.

Tips and Advice:

- Avoid room 208.

- Cairo Restaurant to the left of the entrance is amazing with great donairs and hummus. Worth a visit.

Jang Resort Phuket Overview

The Jang Resort Phuket offers a tour desk and an outdoor pool as well as a business centre, babysitting / child services and a 24 hour reception. Phuket's attractions, such as Jungceylon Shopping Center and Soi Bangla are within an easy walking distance.

The resort's front desk staff are on hand to assist you with any additional requirements you may have. Facilities include a safe-deposit box, a laundry service and a dry cleaning service. Wi-Fi access is provided. Loch Palm Golf Club, Chalong Beach and Central Festival are within a 20 minute drive from the resort.

The Jang Resort Phuket's neighbourhood is known for its nightlife and you'll be spoilt for choice when it comes to dining and bar options.

Under 10 minutes drive away are some great places of interest such as the Tri Trang Beach, and conveniently there is complimentary private parking on site at the Jang Resort Phuket should you require it. Patong Hospital is within a 20-minute walk from the resort.

Jang Resort Amenities

• Garden
  • Desk
  • Direct dial phone
  • Ticket Service
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes