Jamies Ludgate Hill

47 Ludgate Hill, London, United Kingdom

Jamies Ludgate Hill London Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Posh and a bit upscale Mar 16, 2012
I had just arrived and checked-in at my hotel in Ludgate Hill, but had still managed to get a haircut after 8 pm. After having managed that I looked for a place that could take care of my thirst and hunger, when I spotted a very busy place on the corner on Ludgate Hill. The restaurant or upscale pub was located in a grade II listed building, which probably was the thing that attracted me at first, because from outside it looked really nice and cozy.

Well inside the place was a bit less crowded than outside, the crowd in front had been all the smokers. Even though I was in there at 9.15 pm, where most of the after job crowd would have disappeared, it was pretty full. I managed to get a small square table close to the bar and the entrance. The table was one of these high ones, where you sit on a barstool. These have never been to my liking but I was happy to sit even though these chairs were not made to improve your blood circulation in your legs.

I ordered a Jamies Burger that was pretty fair in tasting (11,95 pounds incl. extra bacon and cheddar) and 3 glasses of a very nice Chablis Simonnet, that set me back 10,25 pounds per glass. I ended my fast meal there with a couple of small Becks Vier at 4,20 pounds each. I found the place quite nice but it was more of an upscale lunch or after work place for the business people of the area.
Chokk says:
The funny thing was, as soon as I sat down in the chair I was asked if I wanted a beer or a glass of vine ;)
Posted on: Jul 21, 2013
rsvpme says:
A haircut usually creates a thirst..they say.....
Posted on: Jul 21, 2013