Jambo Inn

Check Dar es Salaam Hotel Deals

Jambo Inn Dar es Salaam Reviews

apette apette
It works, but that's all Apr 15, 2011
I stayed 4 nights at Jambo inn. The hotel works, and the restaurant serves night food at night, and there are other cheap restaurants in the neighbourhood. The area lacks pubs/bars/places serving alcohol. The hotel tries to freak you out of safety cautions, I was ok, but it made me feel unsafe, even for the things I left in the room when I went out.
squishysquashy squishys…
Affordable, safe, clean rooms Aug 10, 2009
Jambo Inn Hostel is perfectly adequate for any traveller on a budget. Positioned near the city centre it is well located for anyone interested in exploring the city.

Features:

*Internet Cafe on site. Not sure about the safety of the computers- one of the travellers I was with found a virus on his memory card after putting it into one of the computers. Otherwise, adequate internet speeds and costs roughly TSH 500 for half an hour (about 25p).

*Restaurant on site. Good, clean food at ok prices. Avoid the curries as I was given a very bad cut of chicken- all bone and gristle. I recommend the Gajjar Prawns!

*Security. There is (apparently) a security guard on every floor, and around the inn itself are some wrought iron gates which close at about 11, so I felt safe. However, the room doors can be bolted from the outside, which was a little unnerving- I covered the bolt hole with duct tape. Security guards themselves seemed to sleep most of the time, but their presence was appreciated nonetheless!

*Breakfast included. Not brilliant stuff, just a banana, a yolk-less egg and a slice of bread.

The manager was very friendly and arranged transport to and from the airport for a reasonable price. I also left some equipment with him which was kept in a metal safe for about TSH 1000 per day.

The showers are cold but as I realised by the end of the trip, most showers in Tanzania are cold. The fans worked nicely, though we were terrified of being decapitated... they really don't look safe.

Some of the mosquito nets had holes in, but duct tape sorted that out.

Bed sheets, toilet paper and soap were provided.

Noise levels at night sometimes got uncomfortably loud, but there is little that can be done about that.

Overall, a cosy, moderately cheap and friendly service. I would stay here again.
obertop obertop
Feb 24, 2008
I enjoyed my private room with private bathroom and hot water for only 9 USD, this was in 2004. A small breakfast is included. They have internet at the cafe (you pay extra for use of internet). The neighbourhood is more friendly than the centre and has various restaurants.
My room in Jambo Inn