Jamaican food

Jamaican food  - Plantage stew with Bananas

Jamaican food Port Royal Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Great food for a very fair price May 06, 2011
Saltfish and ackee was something I really liked; I had it a couple of times, especially in the morning either as a stand-alone breakfast or inside an omelets. Both models were really good options.

The ackee is apparently banned in many other Caribbean countries but it is all over in Jamaica.

The callaloo was served as a vegetable both as breakfast and at dinner. It was really tasty and the spinach like vegetable was usually served shredded and steamed; it was a favourite of mine.

I also had the festival as a side order but it was not one of my favourites; it was not that it didn’t taste good it was just that it to tasted like a bread that I associate with Christmas, so it went all wrong for me. The festival is bread shaped like an old fashion cigar; it tastes sweet.

The Jerk was just fantastic; I really enjoyed the jerked everything; fish, pork, shrimps and especially the honey jerk I found totally delicious.

The Ting grapefruit soda was also a great first time. It was really fresh as standing alone but it also was wonderful with Jamaican white rum.

In some vegetable morning dishes I was also given the Jamaican Yam called Yampi, which I like but they were really heavy so I was instantly parked. It was heavy food indeed.

The Red Stripe beer quickly became a daily favourite of mine. It was a nice fair lager that had a really good taste to it. It is most definitely a beer, which I can count on. I did not like their Bolt version a all - I only had two.

On top of this I tasted a waste number of juices of which I drank the most except of a ginger one that was so strong that it almost burnt me.
Saltfish and Ackee
Shrimps in Honey Jerk sause
Festivals and Bammy
Shrimps with Rice and Beans
Daive says:
fooooood! :)
Posted on: Jun 25, 2011

Compare Kingston Hotel Rates (9.1km away)

Port Royal Map