Jamaican Joy of Music

Kingston, Jamaica

Jamaican Joy of Music Kingston Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Music is life Apr 22, 2011
Almost everywhere you go in Jamaica you will hear high music floating from any kind of speakers, because Jamaicans in general likes music. I have a couple of mental pictures from my stay in Jamaica where I felt the love music quite near and some where it just made me smile.

At one time we were driving in the Santa Cruz Mountains on a rainy day on one these bumpy broken roads. I guess we had probably driven 5 km since we saw someone and the surrounding forest reminded me most of a jungle. Suddenly we hear party music and 30 seconds later we pass a guy selling mango fruits from a small little shed and next to him there was a wall of speakers pounding out music; it was so wild.

Another time was when we arrived at Little Ochi in Alligator Pond and there was two huge settings of speakers standing on pallets on the beach while a DJ where standing not far away managing the pounding sound on the beach. Everybody had to join the party and we didn’t mind too.

A third example was when we arrived at the small and almost empty Font Hill Beach Park and found a music scene out of proportions from a DJ booth in the middle of the Park; it was almost hilarious but the guy was serious.

I could just go on and on and I haven’t mentioned the cars that drive by with huge speakers in side, sometime it is crazy how loud they play.
Outside a clothing store