Jaleo Tapas-Bar

www.jaleo.com - 202-628-7949

Jaleo Tapas-Bar Washington Reviews

gwizzle17 gwizzle17
Great tasting fun! Oct 30, 2008
This restaurant was absolutely wonderful; I don't think there was one thing we didn't like there. While I'd tried and liked Spanish food before, the friend I was traveling with was only there to humor me; she loved it too! Anyway, the atmosphere was fun and welcoming. Even though we arrived to the restaurant on a Monday night 10 minutes before closing, the restaurant was entirely full!

Now, the food- amazing! We got 4 dishes and a dessert, and were completely stuffed by the end of the meal (there were 2 of us). To help with a possible future visit, here's what we got a couple notes on each dish:

CaƱa de Cabra(cane of goat)- a lovely, mild goat cheese served with tiny baguettes and apricots; I really, really liked this cheese.

Tortilla de patatas (tortilla of potatoes)- a traditional Spanish omelet; absolutely delicious, probably my favorite dish, and I think I can safely say it was definitely my friend's.

Datiles con tocino 'como hace todo el mundo' (dates with bacon, like the whole world makes)- these are literally dates wrapped with bacon then fried and served. These were surprisingly good- sweet yet savory. I admit though that after the first couple, it became a tad bit too sweet.

Chorizo casero tradicional (traditional chorizo)- This was perfectly cooked chorizo (spicy sausage), with just the right amount of kick, although I'm used to much hotter. It was a whole chorizo, served on top of a garlic potato puree, which was just a little smoother than mashed potatoes.

*Dessert* Espuma de avellanas y chocolate (mousse of hazelnuts and chocolate)- Oh my! This was absolutely sinful! Chocolate and hazelnuts is one of my favorite pairs, and this was just amazing. Very rich, so I don't think I could have eaten one by myself, but perfect for sharing!

The meal came with crusty bread, olives and little onions. Highly, highly recommended if you're in DC!

Check Washington Hotel Deals