Jalapeno Tree

Jalapeno Tree - Our group enjoying a fabulous meal

Jalapeno Tree Kilgore Reviews

williamsworld williams…
Mexican food in Kilgore Oct 28, 2008
The Jalapeno Tree is one of those local restaurants that you can go to and have a pretty decent meal for a pretty decent price. Although there are many Mexican restaurants in Kilgore, this one has to be one of the better ones. All of our Mexican restaurants offer something a little different from each other.

The Jalapeno Tree in Kilgore is now one of many scattered across East Texas and the MetroPlex (The Dallas area). Our Kilgore location has been in the same spot since June of 1995. They are clean and very inviting places to eat.

The Jalapeño Tree has a pretty extensive menu including appetizers, soups and salads, quesadillas, a senior menu, fajitas, and a really cool American menu with specialty dishes named after some pretty famous people including the Bob Hope, the John Ritter, the James Dean and the Elvis Presley. Nothing out of the ordinary, but fun dishes none the less. I love the mixed Fajitas with the shrimp and beef. Can’t go wrong with this order. I generally find myself ordering from the lunch menu, which you can order from all day long. I love the Shrimp Queso meal. I know, everyone knows I don’t like cheese, so why order this? Well, they bring you these huge shrimp, a taco and some beans. I generally substitute my cheese for something else like a salad. They are very accommodating with most requests.

They serve everyone some pretty good homemade chips and salsa with every meal. They bring you out this green guacamole dip along with a pretty salsa continually. They also give you free hot flour tortillas. Everyone is welcome to all the free ice cream you want to eat while dining. It is fun to watch the younger kids come in and sit down with a cone in their hands before they eat their dinner. With all the complimentary items they offer, they have a set $3.49 charge if you just want to indulge in those items and not order a meal. I say order a drink and then eat and be merry, it’s cheaper. The service is really good. We like to ask for Felix whenever we are there. I like him because he provides some pretty good service. He does his best to serve and so, we always like to give him a good tip.

You can walk away feeding two people for about $25 including tip and drink. This is a pretty good value for the quality and quantity of food you get. I promise you will not walk out felling hungry or broke.
The front sign
The front of the resaurant
The front sign
Me and one of our favorite waiters…

Check Kilgore Hotel Deals