Jake's Place (The restaurant)

Frenchmans Bay, Treasure Beach, Jamaica
Jake's Place (The restaurant) - The Jake's Place

Jake's Place (The restaurant) Treasure Beach Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Nice place with wonderful food May 03, 2011
One of the most legendary places on Jamaica’s south coast is the infamous Jake's Place situated in Treasure Beach. Since we were staying almost next door we had decided to have our dinner there the first night of Treasure Beach. We had read in the books that you had to be patient because the waiters had tendencies to forget you.

Jack´s Place is quite cozy also at night; with the restaurant area covered with small round tables with red & white chequered table cloths, candles all situated around the lighted pool and with the sound of the ocean softly caressing the beach in front of it all. All this while you are sitting under the trees where small round basket lamps in different colours are the only light except the stars above.

There is no printed menu; you have to look at the board on the wall in to the main building. We both went for the jerk crab, and I settled for the mashed potatoes as a side order. The food tasted magnificent and I could have taken the same dish over and over again. Instead of wine this evening I had some Red Stripes beers and it suited the dish really nice; it was a wonderful setting.
My jerk crab
The table in no light
My chocolate muffin with ice
Jake's entrance