Jaipur India

Jaipur India Reviews

vijilesh vijilesh
Choki dhani - Ethinic village, Jaipur, INDIA Jan 21, 2011
On my triangular tour from Delhi to Agra, we reached Rajasthan on the second day. When we hear about Rajasthan the first thing that come to our mind is the "Pink City" otherwise the jaipur city. I was very much excited to see those places as the fact that it was only known to me through pictures or movie. After some few Kms inside the city we reached the place called old jaipur. I can't beleive my eyes! I am in jaipur "The Pink City".

As the name suggests it is pink, pink, pink,pink every where shops, houses, palace every where it glow in pink.On the road side the world famous "Hawai mahal" also known as the palace of winds which was built around 1799 by sawai pratap singh. It is known for its unique five-storey exterior which is decorated with intricate lattice work.It is built of red and pink sandstone,and is situated on the main thoroughfare in the heart of Jaipur’s business centre.

We visited this palace on the same day we arrived at Jaipur and then later in the evening we were taken to a ethinic village called "Choki Dhani".It was around 10 Km from the hotel we stayed.The place where we can see all the traditional activities of Rajasthan.Really it was a great gift for us, instead of visiting the remote village they brought those village in the city.We were served with their traditional food where the plates are made of tree leaves.

I also not forget to say about the hotel I stayed, "The Hawai -Mahal" -in simple words I can say "An excellent hotel with affordable price provided good service".Once again thanking God who gave this opportunity!
Hawai Mahal