Jaeger's Hostel Munich

Jaeger's Hostel Munich Rates and Deals

Jaeger's Hostel Munich Reviews

jdig0304 jdig0304
Great place to meet travellers Jun 04, 2011
Jaegar's Hostel is located within 100 meters of the train station in Munich allowing for all your travel needs to be met. It is very easy to find and offers a free drink upon arrival. I usually stay in 4 person dorm rooms which are of a greater than average size and clean. Also available are the 50 or so person dorm rooms. They are cheap but dont expect to sleep well down there. The staff is very friendly and will answer all your questions about sightseeing and nights out. Computers are available for a small fee. They have lockers outside for security.

At happy hour the communal area comes alive. It's very easy to meet fellow travellers here and the drinks are cheap. At any given time there are drinking games being played. They also provide pub crawls that leave from the hotel. Nextdoor to the right is the Euro Youth Hostel with popular bar and to the left is Wombat's Hostel. So meeting fellow travellers should not be in issue if you stay here or in the other two establishments.
butterknife butterkn…
Nice Hostel, good location Jun 13, 2011
I stayed in the 40 person dorm, so I'm sure the smaller rooms were better. Cheap for a bed in Western Europe, about 12 Euros. There were no curtains on the beds,and the bathrooms were a little sketchy, but the atmosphere was great and the location made up for it I think. Also they didnt lie about having security lockers, which I was very appreciative of.
jl_ghs316 jl_ghs316
Nice atmosphere in a nice hostel Nov 19, 2009
I really enjoyed the Jaeger hostel on my trip to Munich. It was very clean and efficient. There was locker storage (outside L) that you could use if you get there early like I did. I had to purchase a lock, as mine wouldn’t fit the small hole. The lockers were almost full by the time I got here. The location is right down the street from Hauptbahnhof Central, which is one of the main train stations in Munich and on the central U-bahn line and easily accessible from the airport. It was a 10 minute walk down to the Rathaus and the central area of town. You couldn’t ask for a better location!

The staff was nice and helpful, the rooms clean, and the other travelers friendly! I don’t remember any problems (its been two years since I stayed here sadly) other than the almost full lockers, and I would definitely stay here again if I go back t Munich!
Kate_Rach Kate_Rach
Decent location, horrible beds Sep 30, 2008
We arrived at 7am and were able to check in, big plus. They had lockers in the courtyard for you to store your pack for the day and if you forgot to bring a lock they are available for purchase. I consider the location pretty good because it is equadistant to the Marienplatz and the Oktoberfest grounds, great if you are visiting during this time of year. They lost major points on price & value because we booked our beds with them and several months later they sent us an email saying that the prices we booked were not valid and would not be honored and that we would be charged a higher rate. By the time they contacted us we really didn't have a choice because it was during Oktoberfest and hostels were booked. I also gave them a poor rating on cleanliness because there is only one women's toilet on our floor and every evening when I would get back and have to use the facilities, the seat and flush button seemed to be coated in someone's sick. It was absoultly disgusting. The beds were HORRIBLE! The bunk beds are cheap metal and shake uncontrollably if your bunk mate rolls over. Worse than the bunk itself are the matresses. We barely slept because the springs of the bed are coming through the top (literally, I pulled back the bottom sheet and looked). It's not comfortable to sleep on metal. The hostel states that it has "quiet hours" but it is not enforced and people are yelling through the halls at all hours of the night. Another inconvience are the keys. They only have one key per room so you have to wake your roommates if they are already back and the last person to leave has to return the key to the lobby.

24 hour reception

Linen included

No curfew/lockout

My recommendation is to try next door at Wombat's Hostel
Eric says:
sorry to hear about your bad experience here! I actually stayed in a "private" double room with a friend, and didn't run into any of these problems :/ Beds were fine and no noise really, and we had a private bathroom. Sounds like the bigger rooms are a bit of a mess :(
Posted on: Nov 28, 2008
mountainmark mountain…
Perfectly located May 16, 2008

Near Munich's Central train station (Hauptbahnhof) located, just a few minutes walking. Situated very well for sightseeing Munich. Take the right exit of the train station! 'Ausgang-Süd' (south exit). Turn left onto the Bayernstrasse, turn right at the Senefelderstrasse. The address is Senefelderstr. 3, 80336 München

The hostel has a nice lounge for relaxing and a bar. Breakfast is simple, but free (Toast, Butter, Jam, Coffee or Tea). I personally like a simple breakfast, so was quite okay. The staff at the desk was okay, but had to pay a few euro's more due to my phone reservation (at about EUR 23,00). Please book at a website. You'll be sure you are paying the right price. The reception desk is opened 24/7.

The dorm I slept in had a brand new bathroom. Really well, good shower. The beds are noisy, and could be better. If you are sleeping on the street side of the building, close the window, it can be noisy at night or early in the morning. Construction workers started at 6 o-clock the time I was there zzZZzz. .Bring a lock for the lockers.
Frostbourne Frostbou…
Just a place to sleep Oct 25, 2008
Jeager's Hostel is very centrally located. Within walking distance of the Haupbanhof. The staff are available 24 hours a day. A light breakfast is included in the price.

I stayed here twice and found it comfortable. Would have like to have had a bigger selection at breakfast. Got tired of just toast after 5 days of staying there. And having some better coffee.

Otherwise prices were reasonable, the staff worked their hardest to make my stay pleasent. And using the lockers provided my stuff was safe.

Would stay here again in the future.
lorenzmartins lorenzma…
Dec 29, 2007
Jaeger's Hostel is 50 meters far from the Central Station and 10 minutes by foot from the marienplatz. A brand new hostel that provides accomodations for different kinds of travelers.

The staff is available all day/night long to help organize sightseeing tours or for just basic informations.

There are different kinds of rooms (single, double, 3/4/6 beds and also 10 bed rooms).

From the 7 am to 10 am a simple breakfast is served (coffee, toasted bread and marmalade).

The room is really clean and confortable. It is located in a narrow street and so the zone is really quite even if close to the centre.

Different services are available:a pub on the lobby where you can drink and chat with other people, a computers with internet connection, phone and fax service,...).

If you are going to munich, i really suggest you this hostel because it'll make you enjoyed the visit of the city.
Eric Eric
Sep 20, 2004
We booked accomodations for Oktoberfest really late and I think we were lucky to have found a place at all. Fortunately, this hostel was both clean, spacious, and comfortable. My friend Patrick and I got our own room with two beds and a bathroom for really cheap. It was like a hotel room for a fourth of the price. The staff here was also very friendly and helpful. Also within walking distance of the Oktoberfest fairgrounds and Marienplatz.
The hostel sign looks like this! W…
rgriffs says:
Thanks for the heads up on this hostel and about to start looking for places for Oktoberfest 2009!
Posted on: Jul 28, 2008
Kate_Rach says:
this is where we booked for Oktoberfest 2008! Good to see a positive review, since affordable places aren't easy to come by around that time.
Posted on: Nov 28, 2007
dodge says:
I've been there too - in the 40 people room. Felt like being in military camp:) But I really like this place too.
Posted on: Mar 15, 2007

• Excursions
  • Walking
  • Desk
  • Facsimile
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower