Jade Market

Hong Kong

Jade Market Reviews

StephAAMU StephAAMU
Jade Market - Haggle, Haggle, Haggle Jul 25, 2011
The Jade Market is easily accessible from the Yau Mei Tau metro station. The Jade Market was interesting and after visiting the Hawkers Bazaar I was informed that there are two sections of the Jade Market. It is an interesting place to visit there are various qualities of "jade".

This place is really for fun only. It's fun to get some statement pieces but that is about it. Everyone there has a marketing ploy, they burn the "jade", they clang the "jade", they hold the "jade" to the light so you can see through it. Please don't go into this thinking that you are getting certified jade. Keep this in mind, if it were really high quality jade would you really be able to purchase it in an outdoor market for about $10 USD. NOOOOOOOOOO! Just go and view the pieces for fun and find some great statement pieces. Don't get hustled and don't believe the hype. Just have fun and purchase some great souvenirs.
ahtibat17 ahtibat17
Oodles of Jade Jan 14, 2010
Shopping at the Jade Market was one of my favorite things I did in Hong Kong. We shopped early morning, just as the market was opening, and I highly recommend doing so. It is not crowded and the vendors are more than willing to negotiate prices.

The Jade Market offers a plethora of vendors selling jade merchandise and souvenirs, in a variety of qualities and quantities. I found all sorts of great souvenirs here: a carved dog, which is my Chinese zodiac sign) and a carved elephant. Plus, I bought some jade jewelry including a pendant that I absolutely love, even though the quality probably isn't the best. And, I found a gorgeous piece of amethyst that I was coming home with, no matter what. (Luckily, I was able to bargain with the merchant and received what I thought to be a reasonable price. I was, afterall, a poor college student at the time!)
Jade Market Map