Jade Bistro

9603345757

Jade Bistro Male Reviews

jenyenh jenyenh
Jan 06, 2007
Jade Bistro is a cafe located just in front of the busy main street of Male, just fronting jetty #8 (where most dhonis and resort speedboats unload passengers). It's also a walk away from ATM machines and banks. I came here coz i was waiting for our boat transfer, I didnt realise that I was an hour ahead, so I was sort of killing my time. I saw this nice and clean cafe from a distance which caught my attention. When I entered they are even more clean than i thought. Most of the guest I saw were with a laptop on their table. Aha, i thought perhaps this place is just for business travellers - hmm... then I was wondering they dont really look like business traveller. So, when the waiter handed me over the menu, I asked him, he pointed a stand card on the table - it say "hot spot wi-fi connection" - hehehe.. I didnt see that one coming!

Well - the price is quite high for a regular cafe in Male, their capuccino cost 2.5USD but you can get a free wireless connection with that. So I guess its not a bad price. The coffee is not bad at all too. They have croissants and danish pastries - hmmm- yummy (thinking of breakfast!) and they have rich menu selection of meals. They also have some promotion of steaks or theme nights on some days - butno alcoholic beverage.

The service was a bit slow and you have to wait for a while to get noticed - this is the only downside..And it also takes a while to get the bill too, and usually they give you small notes and coins for your change, I recommend you give just enough unless you plan to give them a tip as the coins here are bit heavy and bulky in the wallet.

But this place is decent and convenient while waiting for ferries and boats and internet connection...check it out!

Related Travel Blogs About Jade Bistro

Ordinary Day in the Maldives
Its Wednesday and its almost the weekend.  I hopped into the speedboat to Male (Capital) for a meeting...all week had been hectic in the office, coming to Male for a couple of hours will be a di…Male it was not even 10am.  Vivek suggested we grab a coffee...on our way was Jade Bistro

Check Male Hotel Deals