Jacques-Imo's Cafe

8324 Oak Street, New Orleans, LA, USA

Jacques-Imo's Cafe New Orleans Reviews

sybil sybil
Crazy fun times May 03, 2008
Unless you have a group reservation (i think 6 or more) be prepared to wait 2 hours for a table. luckily, we had a reservation, which was booked 30 days in advance to the day of the dinner.

the place was packed and colorful and had interesting places where one sat diners (the bed of the truck, the balcony, anywhere they could fit people). where we were seated, we walked through the kitchen -- which i think was good in a way as it allowed transparency in terms of the cleanliness.

we started off with jalapeno bread, which was like cornbread with its sweetness and consistency and had a slight hint of jalapeno.

for the appetizer, we had crabcakes, which were not greasy and lightly breaded served on a bed of arugula salad. we also had calamari served over a slight tangy sweet sauce. we also had the alligator pie, which did not really strike me as exciting.

for our entrees, i had the scallop braised in red wine sauce and pears. the scallops were so nice and tender and tasted a bit sweet due to the pears. the scallops were also pretty big. i did enjoy this dish. My mashed potato side and greens were also very good.

i tried the quail, which was juicy and moist and quite flavorful.

the service was very friendly and homey. the chef made his rounds later on with his jug of cosmopolitan where he proceeded to go up on tables and take pictures with the patrons. he was definitely a good chef and host. good times. if you have the chance to try this place, you really should make the effort.
there was a truck at the front whe…
jalapeno bread
crabcakes
narena says:
I love Jacque-Imo! The carpet-bagger steak is out of this world. The sauce is made with cream, cream cheese and tasso...can't go wrong with that!
Posted on: Jun 01, 2008
RuttiTootie says:
Great review! I would have blogged as well if I had taken pictures. Btw, I just wanted to add that the portions are ridiculously large. At least, my entree of ground beef and shrimp stuffed pork chops were at least 3-4 servings.
Posted on: May 06, 2008