Jacobson's Cottages

Check East Glacier Park Hotel Deals

Jacobson's Cottages East Glacier Park Reviews

simsing simsing
Nice and quiet cottages near Two Medicine Lake Aug 19, 2011
Jacobson's Cottages is a lovely place located near Two Medicine Lake in East Glacier NP, Montana. Our stay here was not really preplanned. There was some construction on 'Going to the Sun' road and we had to enter the Glacier NP from both west and east side hence we needed an accommodation in this location. Before coming here I read very good reviews about this place and I am glad that I had my first cottage experience here. It is hard not to love the beauty of this cozy place.

There are 12 separate cottages scattered on the property with modern amenities. The rooms were very clean and spacious with a shiny bathroom, small table, TV and dressing mirror. Toiletries and plenty of towels were provided by the cottage. Only thing lacking was the internet connection. Sometimes we need internet to organize important things for the trip and this place can get more business if they have this facility. For a one night stay I didn't really miss it so much. I heard that people can rent rooms with kitchenette and cooking utensils but we didn’t need any for our short stay. The rooms cost about $50 in 2008 which was quite cheap in that touristy place. The owner Suzanne is very helpful and informative about the region.

The cottages don't provide any breakfast but there are some dining places nearby where you can have nice local food. There is an Amtrak train station about a mile away and people can take organized bus tours for Glacier NP if they are not comfortable with driving. The area is surrounded by beautiful lakes and mountains with glaciers. People who love tranquility should definitely try this place. In future if I go back to Glacier NP I will most certainly revisit Jacobson's cottages.
Jacobson's Cottages near the hwy
Inside the cottage
Cute cottages
Train track just across the hwy
simsing says:
Thank you all for your smiles and comments!

Life without internet is pretty boring. Makes me feel like I am disconnected from the rest of the world.
Posted on: Aug 20, 2011
spocklogic says:
It sometimes is surprising when internet is not available at all. I added their website here for current price info. Geez - they have e-mail and a website, but no internet for customers?? Nevertheless, looks like a charming place and a good find!
Posted on: Aug 20, 2011