Jackson's Village Bistro

517 Pier Avenue, Hermosa Beach, CA, USA
Jackson's Village Bistro - Seared Aged Ribeye Steak with Green Peppercorn Sauce
Jackson's Village Bistro - Steamed Farm-Raised Manila Clams with White Wine and Parsley Sauce
Jackson's Village Bistro - Warm Bittersweet Chocolate 'Soufflé' Cake with Fresh Berry and Chocolate Sauces, Served with Vanilla Ice Cream
Jackson's Village Bistro - Warm French-Style Apple Pie 'Tarte Tatin' with Caramelized Granny Smith Apples, Vanilla Bean Ice Cream and Carmel Sauce
Jackson's Village Bistro - Prime Bone-In  16oz Ribeye Steak Smothered with Shaved Crispy Garlic Served with Parmesan Creamed Spinach and Creamy Polenta
Jackson's Village Bistro - Creamy Portabello Mushroom Risotto with Diced Filet Mignon in a Chianti Au Jus with White Truffle Oil

Jackson's Village Bistro Hermosa Beach Reviews

TRE69 TRE69
A Classy Neighborhood Hangout May 08, 2008
I write this review as a testament that fabulous food doesn't have to have Michelin stars or have the kitchen manned by a super star chef.

Jackson's Village Bistro was a quaint restaurant close to the Hermosa Beach Pier. The establishment was tiny with 5-6 tables for indoor seating and 4 tables in their outdoor sidewalk covered patio.

Just reading the menu was a feast for the eyes. But after much deliberation my cousin and I finally ordered!

The steamed clams were tender and salty. And we delightfully sopped up the flavorful broth with bread.

The best part of the meal was the Creamy Portabello Mushroom Risotto with Diced Filet Mignon in a Chianti Au Jus with White Truffle Oil! The risotto was the best I have ever had and the truffle oil really seasoned the dish perfectly.

We both were feeling carnivorous so we got steaks! My cousin's rib-eye with shave garlic was flavorful but I especially enjoyed her side of creamy polenta...oh so cheesy.

My rib-eye was cooked perfectly to just barely medium rare and the green peppercorn sauce complemented the meat. The mashed potatoes were average.

To cap off a fine dinner we had to end it with something sweet. My cousin got the tarte tatin...it was warm the vanilla ice cream just melted with the flaky crust...YUM!

I went for the dark chocolate souffle cake...their version of a lava cake and it was divine and oh so rich and decadent!

Unfortunately Jackson's Village Bistro recently closed because they lost the lease on their restaurant space. Grrrr...one of the best restaurants in Hermosa Beach is now CLOSED!

Their website assures that they will soon find another space to relocate to. But rest assured I will try their new location.

So in the meantime, I hope I tantalized you with a review on their food!=P
Prime Bone-In 16oz Ribeye Steak S…
Creamy Portabello Mushroom Risotto…
Steamed Farm-Raised Manila Clams w…
Seared Aged Ribeye Steak with Gree…
Eric says:
I've always wondered about this place, but never been. Thanks for sharing this review. Will have to check it out!
Posted on: Dec 05, 2009