Jackson Court Hotel

Jackson Court Hotel Rates and Deals

Jackson Court Hotel Dublin Reviews

_Renegade_ _Renegad…
Average for pricey hotel Apr 18, 2011
Myself and a friend booked this hotel out of convenience for a night out in Dublin city as we live in the suburbs at least a 20min taxi journey.

Firstly the hotel was not all that bad for us given the circumstances we booked with, but I couldn't help notice the bad service and how unimpressed I would have been had I booked this hotel for the service and not just a bed to sleep in.

Firstly, we booked a double room and on opening the door we were shocked to find that our room was a complete box, the bed not nearly big enough for a double bed and the vanity table was almost on top of the bed. The room was so small that one had to walk sideways around the bed to maneuver around the room. The bathroom had a panel on the wall in glass block which was right at the toilet and although you couldn't see through it, silhouettes could still be seen and did not give much privacy.

As I had read the hotel website before coming to the hotel, I found it strange to find that there was no hairdryer in the room, considering that the website had put 'hairdryer' among the 'room facilities'. I called reception thinking it would not be a problem to get one. It wasn't, providing I come down to reception myself to collect it. Luckily I hadn't yet had my shower and did not have to quickly get dressed and go downstairs with dripping wet hair.

My friend later phoned reception to see if we could get some ice to the room as we were having drinks before going out. The lady at reception said "em...I'm sure that wouldn't be a problem if you want to go down to the bar and ask them, I'm sure they can give you some ice". So, WE had to go down yet again to collect something, or ask for it ourselves in the bar. There they gave us the ice which WE brought back up to the room OURSELVES.

Another thing I did not like about this hotel was that breakfast was finished at 10am, which I thought to be very early and we did not get up in time for it. Also early was the check out time of 11am, considering check-in time was 2pm.

The perks of this hotel is that it is really central and a literal 5min walk to Grafton street.

Our tiny room cost us €90, and given that we had to do a lot for ourselves and considering this is a hotel I would not be willing to pay this again. There were some bigger rooms that I saw while cleaners had the door open, but I'm not sure what price there was to pay for those ones, which were a much more decent size than our box.

People must also bear in mind when staying here that it is very noisy at the weekend. The hotel have a club on the ground floor and the noise of people on the street is very loud at the weekend. This was not a problem for us as we were also part of that street noise but I can see how it would be a problem for someone not staying out late.
The silhouette (through the glass …
_Renegade_ says:
Oh that's what made it worth staying there! By the way that price included that ridiculously early breakfast, and free into their nightclub! :)
Posted on: Apr 19, 2011
Dave81 says:
nice one! hope the going out was great at least ;-)
Posted on: Apr 18, 2011

Jackson Court Hotel Overview

The Jackson Court Hotel is situated in the heart of Dublin City in what is now known as the Village Quarter and is only minutes walk from Stephens Green and Grafton Street. Temple Bar is also within walking distance. With the new Luas Tram line outside the door, Dublin and its surrounding areas are accessible within minutes. This elegantly styled Georgian building is the ideal venue for the overnight visitor or leisure tourist.

Our rates include a full Irish Breakfast, outstanding service and complimentary entrance to Copper Face Jacks nightclub which is open 7 nights a week. The Jackson Court Hotel recommends guests park in College of Surgeon’s car park on St Stephens Green. This car park is charged at a special pre pay over night rate of €7 and is located approximately 5 minutes walk from the hotel. If you have an early arrival or late departure, we will store your luggage.

The Jackson Court Hotel features 8 newly built Superior Double rooms which have been furnished and decorated to the highest specification. Each room is furnished with King Size beds, some rooms have sofa beds. All are en-suite with power showers as standard and some with baths. All rooms have LCD TVs with multi channel viewing, direct dial telephone and tea & coffee making facilities, These rooms must be seen to be believed.

Each of our Standard rooms are en-suite with bath & shower and are equipped with multi channel TV, direct-dial telephone and tea & coffee making facilities. Suits are also equipped with a hairdryer, a trouser press and a safety deposit box, available at reception. A fax service is available and car hire can be arranged.

*** Please note, due to Copper Face Jacks Nightclub, bedrooms in the hotel may be subject to noise although every effort has been made to sound proof rooms.

Jackson Court Hotel Amenities