Jack's Shack

www.jacksshack.tc - 1 (649) 232-0099

Jack's Shack Grand Turk Reviews

PhinsAndGills PhinsAnd…
The best beach bar in the Caribbean Aug 09, 2012
My husband and I found recommendations for Jack's Shack from Cruise Critic. We had a morning snorkel excursion through the cruise ship with Oasis Divers. We then made the trek to Jack's. We were seated and greeted immediately by Jack. We mentioned that we would like 2 drinks, 2 waters (bottled), and 2 orders of Jerk Chicken. The jerk was AWESOME and worth every penny of $11 (with a large helping of fries - 3 good sized pieces of chicken. Filled us up). The drinks were just strong enough. The drinks arrived right away followed quickly by the food. I've been to Jamaica a few times and can honestly tell you that this was simply the BEST jerk chicken I have ever had. The spice was perfect - it had a little heat but didn't light your mouth on fire. The drinks were strong, refreshing, and good. Our total bill was $44, which wasn't bad at all for the amount and quality. DH relaxed and chatted with Jack a bit on the deck and I played with Topher in the water. I was VERY sad to have to get back on the ship. We were just there last Thursday and it made my BEST OF THE CRUISE list - and it was a great cruise. I found Jack and Janet to be warm and welcoming. They called my husband and I by first name after being introduced only once and despite being busy, answered our questions and chummed around with us like we were old friends. We will go back every time we're in Grand Turk and would honestly book a cruise JUST BECAUSE we can go back to Jack's. Because of our experience (with Oasis Divers and Jack's) we now want to do an extended stay on Grand Turk. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the place to people who want a laid back beach experience.
View from our table at Jack's Shack