Jack Sprat Seafood Restaurant

Calabash Bay, Treasure Beach, Jamaica
www.jakeshotel.com/dining.htm - 1-877-JAMAIC-8, (876) 965-3000 or (876) 965-3583
Jack Sprat Seafood Restaurant - Jack Sprat entrance
Jack Sprat Seafood Restaurant - Jack Sprat's beach view

Jack Sprat Seafood Restaurant Treasure Beach Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Great atmosphere May 04, 2011
Staying at the Waikiki Guest House you are actually neighbour to the Jake Sprat Cafe which is one of the best places to stay for dinner in Treasure Beach. The place is often quite full but it is a fairly large place especially the outdoor part of their establishment.

It works like a diner where you go to the counter and order your food and then they bring it to you. The rest of the service is like a restaurant because they bring the food to you and also the drinks that you need afterwards.

The place is quite casual in its appearance and the atmosphere is also relaxing; the sometimes play laud music but they do that all over Jamaica.

The food is really nice; I had curry shrimps with rice and beans and Babs had a fish with festivals it was the best festivals on the island so far.

Beware that the place closes quite early but if there are many customers they keep it going longer.
Jack Sprat entrance
My curry shrimps with rice and bea…
Steamed fish with festivals
Chokk says:
I agree - they serve great food and they also have a great ambiance and atmosphere. Did you ever drive to Little Ochi at Alligator Hole - they food there was stunning!
Posted on: Jun 26, 2011
caribgirl caribgirl
Beware of mosquitos Jun 14, 2010
We went to JS for dinner not too long ago. The food is average/reasonable. It is not overpriced.

The ambiance is great however you can hardly enjoy your meal because the mosquitos will eat you alive.

I suggest that if you would like to dine in peace walk with your repellent/OFF with you.

Oh and stay away from the pepperoni pizza it is swimming in oil.
leah151 leah151
Nov 11, 2007
It was at Jack Sprat, one of two restaurants associated with Jake's Resort, that I tried my first lobster pizza and became hooked on the concept of seafood on a pizza! Our first lunch in Treasure Beach was here and my dining companion and I easily agreed on what to have. Sitting at the table built around a tree and gazing out to the beach while sipping a Coca-Cola was a great experience, and then came the pizza. A steamy hot delight with a chewy, yet crisp crust on the thick side, covered with a savory garlic & basil tomato sauce, lots of mozzarella and loads of garlic-sautéed lobster chunks had us salivating with each delectable bite. (Aren't you now?) Washing it down with a cold Coke in a glass bottle while sitting steps from the beach made it one of the best pizza-feasting experiences of a lifetime.

The price was about what you'd pay for something comparable in the US but it was more than worth it. Pizzas of ample proportion range between $12-20 US and the menu offers many other selections priced in the mid range of $5-8 if you aren't in the mood for pizza. However, this place truly deserves the great reputation it has for outstanding pie so it's worth trying at least once when in Treasure Beach.

During our three day stay, I had the pleasure once more of eating at Jack Sprat and it was also excellent. I got to sample a combination pizza which was more chewy, zesty, cheesy goodness like the last time, as well as my entree of garlic conch with rice and peas (beans for us Westerners). The conch came in such generous portion that I could barely finish it but somehow, I managed to come close. It was priced around $8 US and again, well worth it. The restaurants at Jake's Resort have a reputation throughout the island for having good food and after eating at Jack Sprat, it is apparent why.
Jack Sprat
Jack Sprat's beach view
View from our table
Red Stripe Light while waiting for…
Chokk says: