Jack-N-Grill

www.jackngrill.com - (303) 964-9544

Jack-N-Grill Denver Reviews

Jamal1280 Jamal1280
Behemoth burger at a bargain Oct 26, 2011
My sister thought it would be cool to go eat at the other Man Vs. Food spot in Denver - Jack N Grill, home of the unbelieveably massive 7-pound burrito! I wasn't up to eating that, but I figured we could eat something there, so why not check it out?

The restaurant used to be somebody's house, and the owner, in fact, lives right above the restaurant. The walls are decorated with different pictures of random stuff (dogs, Jack Nicholson, etc.). And of course, there's the wall of fame, filled with pictures of everyone who conquered the restaurant's famed burrito challenge (the only exception is Adam Richman, who's on the wall even though he failed the challenge). Our waiter told us that more than 4,000 people have tried the challenge, and only about 215 have succeeded.

So anyway, no burrito for me. I opted to go for a cheeseburger and fries. As I walked in, I saw a customer with a burger on his place, and it was HUGE! Apparently, all the burgers at Jack N Grill are like that. I decided I could make eating one of them my own personal food challenge!

I ordered The Therese - a 10 ounce burger with lettuce, tomato, onion, cheese, bacon and green chilies (this restaurant really has a thing about green chilies. They come on almost everything lol) with fries on the side.

Sure enough, my burger was humongous! It was bigger than my face! LOL I started eating it normally, but holding it with both hands and taking bites, but it's somewhat difficult to eat it that way. So then I strategized and broke off pieces with my hands. Then I just said the hell with it and used my knife and fork to finish the rest.

It took me about a half hour to eat the burger and the fries, and my stomach felt like it was about to bust. But I conquered it! In the battle of Man Vs. Food that day, man won!!! :P Needless to say, I didn't eat anything else for the rest of the day lol...

And to top it all off, the prices were pocket pleasing. The burger and fries, with a pickle spear on the side, costs just $9 USD - an absolutely reasonable price considering the amount of food they give you. And if you can't finish it, you can bring it home with you, of course.

If you visit Denver, I definitely recommend visiting here. Try to come in for lunch after 1 p.m., like we did. Otherwise, you'll be dealing with big crowds to eat here. But the staff is friendly and the food is good and cheap. Can't beat that with a baseball bat... :)
Jack N Grill proudly proclaims the…
A photo of Adam Richman of Man Vs.…
spocklogic says:
A $9 burger to bust your belly in a personal challenge sound good. Nice review, well written with a bit of humor too. I appreciate that. Bravo!
Posted on: Nov 17, 2011
hotchick21 says:
LOL LOL LOL LOL
Quality review hun made me laugh out so hard " The burger was bigger than my face" WOW!!
Posted on: Nov 05, 2011