12 Jalan Pinang, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

JP Teres Kuala Lumpur Reviews

trippin_jen trippin_…
JP Teres Nov 04, 2012
Unless you're ready to splurge, this may not be a place for any ordinary person. This restaurant in part of the Grand Hyatt 5-Star Luxury Hotel in KL and with this name, it should not come as a surprise that everything on the menu is expensive.

They serve authentic Malaysian food, and I must admit, it tastes as good as those you'll find in the hawkers stalls. Don't get me wrong. I always think that you'll get the most authentic local food by the street, and the hotel 'versions' are not as tasty. This one however, was really good.

Attached are some of the dishes we got as a set menu - the very typical rojak (1 plate to share), popiah (2 rolls), satay (3 sticks of chicken satay and 3 sticks of beef satay), curry fish head, fried prawns (6 pieces), beef rendang, fried chicken, 3 pieces of otak otak, kangkung belacan (very small portion), 3 glasses of juice, and 3 ice creams desserts. All these came up to more than MYR 500! This is ridiculously expensive! I would have paid too much even if the bill comes up to MYR 100!

In conclusion, I'd say:

Taste: Yummy!

Price: Cut throat

Ambiance: Just normal

So who should really dine here?

- Those who are staying in Hyatt and too lazy to walk out for local food

- Those bringing business clients for high class local food
westwind57 says:
Jenny, just back trying to get off my addiction of the Malaysian food and then I read the summaty list of foods in your review... Already want to go back again :)
Posted on: Nov 06, 2012