JJ Restaurant

Samora Avenue, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
JJ Restaurant - Chicken, beans, rice & vegetable lunch - I liked that sauce too...
JJ Restaurant - Restaurant street view
JJ Restaurant - Restaurant Entrance

JJ Restaurant Dar es Salaam Reviews

spocklogic spocklog…
Quick cafeteria style servings Sep 09, 2011
We were in Dar es Salaam, and met up with Patrick, a friend of my traveling companions. He lives in Dar es Salaam and took us to JJ Restaurant on Samora Avenue. While I don't know the exact address, as these things tend to be sketchy there, it is quite close to where Morogoro Road crosses Samora Avenue. There is nothing fancy here and it is basically a caferia/diner establishment with a menu that has basic food groups of fish and chicken dishes for lunch, served with beans, rice or potato.

You won't find any unusual cuisine here, but what you will find is tasty home cooking style food, or at least that was my impression anyway. I thought the food tasty for the price and the service quick. There may be many places like this in Dar es Salaam, and I don't have a variety of experience to compare, but since we were taken there by a local, I have to think it was good basic food for a decent price. I can recommend it based on my experience. Nothing exceptional really, just some quick cafeteria style servings for a simple & tasty lunch.
Restaurant Entrance
Restaurant street view
JJ Restaurant menu
JJ Restaurant scenario
spocklogic says:
Overall, not a bad little cafeteria style restaurant. Simple, basic and decent food.
Posted on: Jan 11, 2012
sansan says:
Each to a place can find fun and enjoy it, good!
Posted on: Jan 11, 2012