JHB International Airport

Johannesburg, South Africa

JHB International Airport Johannesburg Reviews

CFD CFD
Jan 17, 2007
I managed to miss my flight in JHB, and i hope this will help others to catch their flight. The checkin closes a little over 1hour(!) before the flight is leaving ,so even tough my baggage was checked in 1hour is not enough.. Go to the checkin 2hours before departure to avoid problems.

----Bevare of people who will pretend to be your friend and after a while just ask you for money since they dont have a job. I had to give a guy R20 just to get rid of him after he approaced me when i was drinking beer.

-----Resturants and Cafe-- "Caffe De Roma" in International Departures A good place for an easy breakfast. I ordered "breakfast light" and got a small bowl with 50% fruits and 50% yougurt , and some cups of coffe Total price R38

---- KEG , located in domestic arrivals A good resturant with a nice pepperd beef. Serves alot of local and international beers. The food quality is good , and But beware of taking your change right away since the waitors took all my change (R90) in about 30sec after they put the "book" on my table!. R110 for a good meal

-----A Place to sleep If you manage to lose your flight from JHB you should go to SAPS , Import and Export firearms. They have really comfy places to sleep and after talking to the girl behind the counter for 5minutes i slipped in a question about sleeping there ,and she said yes =) Big comfy leather couches is something else than hard airport seats. Its not worth paying for a hotel for just a couple of hours.

----Internet Cafe Internet cafe can be found in Internationals hall. If your laptop runs low on battery its also possible ro recharge it when you are surfing the net. At least if you ask nicely. The pricelist. (the pricelist for wifi is the same everywhere in the airport) R60-1hour R90-2hours R150-4hours

---- There is no seats at the international departures hall. So while to waith for the checkin to open you have to sit on the 2.nd floor inside resturants. If you have along time to wait it can be good to go down 1 floor to international arrivals to relax there. Once you get past the gate its alot of good seats at the gate.
a "light breakfast" at Caffe De Ro…
The peppered beef at KEG
A nice place to sleep
1smile2adore says:
Thank you for the tips. I am just a bit concerned because I heard the people have a tendency to be late, so I don't want this to be a problem for me.
Posted on: Sep 13, 2007
CFD says:
Thanks Yzerfontein. I realized that a little bit to late so ive allready bought 4hours.. Finally home in Norway now.
Posted on: Jan 17, 2007
yzerfontein says:
The wifi is a bit cheaper if you buy a certain amount of meg (if you're going to use a lot, or return to the airport).

Have a good flight from South Africa.
Posted on: Jan 17, 2007