JGH Tokyo

Check Tokyo Hotel Deals

JGH Tokyo Reviews

Feebs56 Feebs56
Don't go here Jul 17, 2014
I stayed here in 2010 and this place is a health hazard! It's dirty, only just wide enough for a person to fit through the corridors, far away from anything and cramped. There are hostels available for only 100 yen more than this place, so please choose somewhere else if possible!

It seems like the owner has just divided his house into a bunch of smaller rooms himself, these are not proper walls, they are very flimsy and don't reach the ceiling. The rooms had to be squeezed into and around luggage as there was absolutely no place to put bags down and still be able to walk. There were bunks of 3 beds with inadequate space between them, you had to slide in there and not move too much once you were lying down, there's no way you could sit up without bashing your head on the bed above. The beds were also too short, I'm only 167cm tall and I couldn't stretch out!

When I stayed here I just imagined what would happen if there were a fire or something and we had to get out quickly, it would be impossible trying to squeeze everyone through the tiny hallways and over all the luggage.

Also there was a shower cubicle in the kitchen, you could see people's ankles below the shower curtain while cooking your breakfast...
JMiss JMiss
Affordable for Tokyo Area...And Good Service Provided Too. Mar 02, 2010
I'm still currently staying here but everything up to thus point has been fine; no complaints. The walls are thin, so you tend to here conversations and doors, etc. But, it doesn't bother me; then again... I tend to sleep heavier. The rooms are very tight but this is how I've heard most places are for cheap $$$. The bed is stiff but I really don't mind it to be honest; it's pretty comfortable actually, as far as support goes. They' provide a lot of amenities for you, which I can guarantee a lot of other places probably DO NOT--so on the side of the service end... they are EXCELLENT. They have a very nice shower and heated toilet-seats...OooooOoooO (HaHa). Again, their location could be better as in being nearer to the bigger areas like Shinjuku, Shibuya, etc. But, as long as you know get to know the transit system... It's only a 35-40mins to Shinjuku area/etc. Because it's ACTUALLY not in Tokyo but in Saitama district; Nishi-Kawaguchi is the actual city location.

Overall, I'd consider staying here again for the price

Check Tokyo Hotel Deals