J-Hoppers Osaka Central

J-Hoppers Osaka Central - view from my room
J-Hoppers Osaka Central - shower rooms
J-Hoppers Osaka Central - Entrance
J-Hoppers Osaka Central - reception and kitchen
J-Hoppers Osaka Central - our room. 2 other beds on the other side..
J-Hoppers Osaka Central - roof top

J-Hoppers Osaka Central Rates and Deals

J-Hoppers Osaka Central Reviews

drokz drokz
Good priced hostel good location Mar 11, 2011
I was recommended this hostel by a friend I met here on Travbuddy so I figured I might give it a shot.

This is a very nice hostel located only a couple of minutes walk from JR Fukushima station which is the station right next to JR Osaka station.

The staff are very friendly and helpful, they also speak English very well which isn't something everyone does at the more expensive hotels around.

At the counter there are guides about how to get to some nice spots around Osaka such as Kyoto, Koyasan and Nara by train.

There are lots of small family owned restaurants around the area where the hostel is where you can try great local food. If you get hungry at night there is also a 24h restaurant just 3 minutes away from the hostel right next to the train station.
saltycoco saltycoco
A night stopover at J-Hoppers Osaka Centra; May 25, 2010
I only had less than 12 hours to enjoy everything Osaka had to offer, an the plan was to overnight it as well. I wanted cheap basic accommodation, and J-Hoppers Osaka Central provided that after doing some research.

This hostel is conveniently located less than 3 minutes walk from JR Fukushima station, which makes it a good base to explore other areas of Osaka. I arrived around noontime, and nobody was at the reception except some paper writing on the wall saying the time the receptionist will be back. So I left my luggage at the storage room which wasn't lock, but felt pretty safe because when I got back my luggage was there.

My room was located on the 2nd floor, with a narrow stairway. I didn't see any elevator, and it was a drag having to carry my luggage up the stairs. I stayed in a mixed dorm room, with the usual bunk beds with pullover curtains for privacy. I paid about 2500 yen. The room itself looked pretty old and not well kept as compared to the pictures I saw from their website.

They had 2 sinks outside the hallway, washer and dryer out in the balcony, and from what I can recall 1 shower and toilet room in each floor, though I could be mistaken, and I never had the chance to shower as a result because somebody was always there it seemed like :). They also had a kitchen area in the lobby.

If anything, I really like the location of this hostel, close to restaurants, the train station, and the price was decent. If you're looking for cheap non-hotel accommodation in Osaka, this is the place.
pyrrho pyrrho
Great base Apr 03, 2009
A very short walk (less than five minutes) from the JR Fukushima station - so no problem in getting back on to the JR Loop and wherever you want to go in Osaka.

Given a warm welcome by Pascal (I think he might be French!!) and provided with info. on the local area as to where to get some food (as I'd just arrived from the airport).

Loads of information about what to see and do in Osaka is provided, along with a map of the local Fukushima area. Next time I'm definitely dropping in on the Fugu restaurant, once I find it on the map.

Like most hostels now - free Wi-fi, though it was a bit flaky on the higher floors. Bedroom was simple, but adequate. Bathrooms were squeaky-clean and the showers were great.

All the staff are friendly, especially one of the cleaners. He says "I am staff" and laughs a lot. He invited some of the guests to his restaurant for a meal, which was very nice of him.
momiji momiji
Clean and cozy hostel Oct 17, 2008
J-Hopper Osaka is located near JR loop line Fukushima station. Only 3 minutes walk from the station. You can walk to JR Osaka station and Umeda and it takes only 15 minutes.

The staff there are really friendly. There's one gaijin staff (i think he's French. he speaks French, English and Japanese) and others are all Japanese but they speak English too!!!

It has 5 floors plus roof top. It's pretty cool.

There is no single room. Two beds, double bed, triple, 4 beds, 6 beds, 8 beds.

Female room, Men room, or mix.

- dorm starts from 2,500yen

- towels, bath towel : 70yen, face towel : 50yen

- laundry : 200 for washing (30mins), 100 for dryer (15mins)

- PC : several PCs : 100yen/30mins, wireless LAN for free

- rental bike

- 2 or 3 shower rooms in each floor

It's very close to JR shinosaka station too so if you have to leave early in the morning to catch a shinkansen, this is a great place to stay. And it's very clean!!
Entrance
view from my room
reception and kitchen
our room. 2 other beds on the othe…
asturjimmy says:
i ll go there in 3 days,how to go from ferry terminal?
Posted on: Oct 11, 2009
Aquedita says:
Oh man, I wanted to stay there when I was in Osaka, but it was all booked :P
Posted on: Oct 20, 2008
ellechic ellechic
Clean and great location Oct 17, 2008
A clean, affordable hostel in Osaka located less than 5 minutes walk from the JR Fukushima Station and 20 minutes to Umeda SKy Building area.

Great, friendly staff and clean facilities.

Great experience!

Eiko [momiji] has a better review and have the photos.

Related Travel Blogs About J-Hoppers Osaka Central

Osaka: A Wonderland-Birthday-TB Meet-up with Alice in Takoyaki land
I arrived in Osaka two hours later than planned because I got on the wrong train from the hostel to Kyoto Station and I had to transfer to 2 other trains - and the next train to Osaka was 45 more min…J-Hopper Osaka Central review by momiji] We left the hostel and walked to the meeting point. Eiko found…
Sleepless in Tokyo
I always find myself sleep deprived when I'm in Tokyo that by the time I get on the plane back to NYC, I am just out like a light, catching the much needed rest and sleep on the plane making the…J-Hoppers Central Osaka just as the sun was rising. The area was quiet this early Saturday morning. Remember…

Check J-Hoppers Osaka Central Rates and Deals