J. Buck's

www.jbucks.com - (314) 725-4700

J. Buck's Clayton Reviews

mellemel8 mellemel8
JOE BUCK'S DAD'S RESTAURANT Oct 16, 2008
james took me here for dinner. he knows my a sports fan. he knows i would appreciate coming here.

John Francis "Jack" Buck (August 21, 1924 – June 18, 2002) was an American sportscaster, best known for his work announcing Major League Baseball games of the St. Louis Cardinals. Buck received the Ford C. Frick Award from the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1987, and is honored with a star on the St. Louis Walk of Fame. He was inducted into the National Radio Hall of Fame in 1995.

Buck was recognizable by his deep, gravelly voice, penchant for sardonic irony, and his distinctive play-by-play calls. Among these were Buck's descriptions of Kirk Gibson's dramatic game-winning pinch hit home run in Game 1 of the 1988 World Series ("I don't believe what I just saw!"), Ozzie Smith's walk-off home run in Game 5 of the 1985 National League Championship Series ("Go crazy, folks! Go crazy!"), Jack Clark's three-run home run two days later in Game 6 ("Adios! Goodbye! And maybe, that's a winner!"), Tom Herr's grand slam walk-off home run against the New York Mets in April 1987 ("GRANNDD SLAAAMMMMAAHHH!"), Kirby Puckett's game-winning home run in Game 6 of the 1991 World Series ("And we'll see you tomorrow night!"), and Mark McGwire's single season record-tying home run in 1998 ("Pardon me while I stand up and applaud.").

He is the father of national sportscaster Joe Buck.

like every "well known" named restaurants, you are paying for the name. however, my $19 rib eye sandwich does not compare to an $8 rib eye sandwich i had in a bar. my sandwich was well cooked and moist. i enjoyed it.

FRENCH ONION STEAK SANDWICH

grilled ribeye with swiss cheese, grilled

onion and horseradish sauce on sourdough

james ordered, the ribeye steak, i tasted it. it was medium well but still moist and tender. i normally like my meat rare.

GRILLED RIBEYE STEAK

14 ounces of aged beef, served with smashed

potatoes and horseradish cream sauce

add cajun-fried shrimp for a little extra

we both shared SPINACH AND ARTICHOKE DIP that they are know for. WOW that was delicious, i have had my share of spinach/artichoke dip. i enjoyed that very much. i beat my #1 place which i will not mention until i review it.

it is located in the office bulidings. i would park in the building however, there is validation with your receipt. it is a popular place to watch sports at the large spacious bar.
FRENCH ONION STEAK SANDWICH grill…
GRILLED RIBEYE STEAK 14 ounces of…
SPINACH AND ARTICHOKE DIP