Iwasaki Hotel

Check Yakushima Hotel Deals

Iwasaki Hotel Yakushima Reviews

yasuyo yasuyo
Great viewing of Mocchomudake Oct 02, 2012
We booked Iwasaki hotel two nights at our last of staying in Yakushima. Our plan was that to be relaxing at the nice hotel after we did long two trekking courses. That hotel has pool and jaccuzi,also nice landscape as the rugged peak towering at back yard. The room is big enough for 3 adults.

The typhoon came to Yakushima when we arrived there,since that day we were thinking extend one or two nights more in Yakushima. We could stay here if it very nice.

We heard that the pool area will under construction from tomorrow morning and day after tomorrow when we check in at the front,that meaning our booking days. Of course the jaccuzi is incidental to pool. This made us really dessapointed as we wanted to be relax at the pool and jaccuzi. And they didn't say it to us before we arrival or when we made a booking there.

They has a restaurant and a bar. We went to the restaurant expect nice dinner as we almost last part of Yakushima trip. But we ordered some dishes were so bad. We felt eating at a family restaurant or looks like they use micro wave for cooking.

At second day,my daughter couldn't move from the bed. I talked to the house keeping,"My daughter is still in a bed but no worry,you can clean the room". But they didn't enter even my daughter said "Yes,please". Finaly we just exchanged towels and got amenities. No bed making.

I couldn't believe that they welcomed royal family.

I liked some part of them. A detailed model of Yaku-cedar is at the roby. The wellhole style roby is nice atmosphere I think. And there are big window,you can see Mocchomu peak from there.

Also they has a Onsen(Big bath tub).I didn't see other people at Onsen was good for relaxing.

The staff are good,treating us well with smiling and some staffs are speaking English well.

We were thinking to stay one more night in Yakushima,construction will be finish then. But I thought it not worth spend some money at this hotel anymore.
Iwasaki Hotel...looks nice
Mocchomu dake Peak
From the roby
Our room
westwind57 says:
It's a pity that they didn't tell you. I think by itself the hotel looks good, but you are right, it is not only the building but also the people and the service that matters :)
Posted on: Nov 08, 2012