It's a Small World

Walt Disney World, Florida

It's a Small World Walt Disney World Reviews

Andy99 Andy99
It's a small world after all! Mar 21, 2011
It's a Small World. One of the classic Disney theme park rides! The Disney company developed It's a Small World for UNICEF for the 1964-1965 New York World's Fair and it was first seen there. After the World's Fair, the ride was installed at Disneyland and then at Walt Disney World in 1971.

The ride is a "cruise" through a world of singing dolls dressed to represent the different continents and countries. (The ride vehicles are small boats.) The dolls are all variations on the same doll shape--showing that despite surface differences, we are really one. Each room represents a different continent and the theme song may be sung in different languages. The whimsical journey ends with all the characters reappearing to sing in unison.

Time was I didn't like this ride. I first rode it at the World's fair as a teenager and then at Disneyland and Walt Disney World. I must be mellowing, because now I find it charming! It's very cute and the sentiment a reflection of 1960s optimism.

And the song! You must have heard the tune. It could be the anthem of TravBuddy!

"...And a smile means

Friendship to ev'ryone

Though the mountains divide

And the oceans are wide

It's a small world after all"
Entrance to It's a Small World
France: Can-Can dancers
England: Drummers
The Netherlands
austin37335 says:
Ok here goes.....I must admit.....I like this ride too! There, I said it!
Posted on: Sep 02, 2011
WalterC says:
One of those rides that people have a hard time admitting that they like.
Posted on: May 12, 2011

Related Travel Blogs About It's a Small World

My life at Walt Disney World
Back in the summer of 2002 I made the biggest move of my life (at that time, anyway, haha). I packed up everything I owned into my small Chevy Cavalier and drove, by myself, across the country (from…Walt Disney World Resort, and after driving over 3000 miles in only 3 1/2 days I finally arrived at my destination. My first summer at the "World

Check Walt Disney World Hotel Deals