Italianni's Restaurant Greenbelt

www.italiannis.com.ph - +632 728-0283 / +632 728-0291 / +632 728-0289

Italianni's Restaurant Greenbelt Makati City Reviews

nolan nolan
Good italian food with large servings in Greenbelt Nov 26, 2012
Italianni's is one of the more popular restaurant chains under the Bistro Group of Restaurant Concepts (which includes TGI Fridays, The Stock Market Cafe, FlapJacks, etc.). There are 15 Italianni's branches in the Philippines, and this review focuses on the Greenbelt 2 branch, one of the first in the group.

Upon entering Italianni's you are usually greeted by a smiling pretty lady who is the equivalent of a maître d'. You are then showed to your table (if you don't get to wait), and then the server (another smiling young lady or gentleman) introduces herself and takes your orders for drinks or appetizers.

We have been visiting Italianni's restaurants for more than six years already and the Greenbelt branch is one of the few that have a second level. We had a choice of going to the Italianni's at the nearby Glorietta 4 but that is a smaller and more crowded place. The atmosphere of Italianni's is geared towards home style cooking, and they bake their breads on site.

The place is medium sized and can handle over a hundred patrons. However the middle tables are a bit close to each other, so I'd recommend those by the glass windows.

The food is good and plentiful, and is served hot. They always serve their freshly baked focaccia bread with a balsamic vinegar and olive oil dip. We ordered one of their specials, although the meals arrived at different intervals (last one came almost 15 minutes after the first one was served), the delay was probably because of too many orders being cooked in the kitchen.

Overall, I will keep returning to Italianni's, although I am tempted to try out the nearby restaurants in Greenbelt (because there are so many choices) first for the novelty factor. But in other locations and malls, Italianni's would often be the first choice when it comes to Italian cuisine.
façade of Italianni's Greenbelt
interior with the second level on …
Dalandan juice - highly recommended
nutty apple smoothie
nolan says:
Yes, T.G.I. Friday's in the Philippines is run by the Bistro Group. Maybe once you get to plan your trip to Southeast Asia, drop by the Philippines and we have a meet-up in Italianni's or one of the other restaurants that have been reviewed in TravBuddy.
westwind57 says:
I am absolutely sure that it was the same logo, it was in Schaumburg Illinois, where I have eaten several times. One was along Golf Road and one was in Woodfield Mall. There were at least a few others in the greater Chicago area. But when I check the Italianni's Website now, I see only Mexico and Philippines. The reviews of the place where I ate are still on the net, plenty of them, but old ones only. It was set up in the 90's by T.G.I. Friday's but it almost looks like they pulled the brand name from the US market, even though it looks like there is still one in Hurst, Texas.
nolan says:
Are they the same restaurant chain? The Bistro Group is known to franchise famous restaurant chains from other countries and apply the concept in the Philippines. Funny that my client didn't mention he had been to an Italianni's in the US - he was based out of Denver so I'm not sure if they have this there.

Check Makati City Hotel Deals