Itacho Sushi 板長壽司

(852)2314 4033

Itacho Sushi 板長壽司 Kowloon Reviews

Chokk Chokk
The best sushi I ever had! Jan 21, 2012
I was walking in the area of my hotel looking for something to eat; the only thing I had eaten all day was some snacks in a Starbucks café around lunch.

I passed numerous restaurants and bars that served food but finally decided for sushi at Itacho Sushi in Ashley Road. I entered at narrow hall that lead to a blocked door. Without being able to read any of the instructions I pushed a bell button and the wall slid to the side. Mr. Bond was back in town.

A waiter greeted me and I was directed to a table where I was seated. There was no instruction in order to make the ordering process work. I looked into a large stack of papers in a plastic holder on table without getting the system right away.

Finally I understood that I needed to get a menu from one of the other tables. Opening this I found pictures of different kinds of food with numbers on. There were 5 different ordering papers that went for an interval of the menu. In making my order I had to deliver 4 different colored papers to the waiter in order to make my complete order but I had also stretched it because there were so much great food.

I started with a crab miso soup and edamame or soya beans. After this I had some wagyu beef tataki with ponzu sauce, followed by some fat tuna. After that I went for salmon eggs in salmon, fly fish eggs, squid, salmon eggs and a small sashimi plate. For drinks I had a couple of Japanese beers and some hot sake; is there a need to say that I was full after this.

The food was exquisite and I could eat this every day for a very long time. The restaurant interior was a bit boring but that was also the only flaw I could identify.
Wagyu beef tataki with ponzu sauce
Sashimi plate
Miso soup with crab
cicie says:
Hmmm Sushi...:)
Posted on: Jan 29, 2012

Compare Causeway Bay Hotel Rates (4km away)

Itacho Sushi 板長壽司  Map