Singapore, Singapore

Istana Singapore Reviews

andrejav andrejav
Istana - Presidential Palace Feb 20, 2013
Istana is a presidential palace and the home of the president of the Singapore. I did not even know that they have that function. I thought that everything goes through Prime Minister…

They open this large park few times per year, and I was there during one of these times. It was Chinese New Year and there was a long line of people waiting to get in. I went there with bunch of people from Couch Surfing, hoping that rain is not going to spoil our fun. Line was going very fast and orderly so we got to the gates in less than an hour.

Park is really well made and maintained with nice ponds, large grass areas and beautiful threes. Access is not available in the most places around, but you can pay your way in the main palace buildings first floor and see presents that president received from all around the world. Fees are going towards some charities, and to get in the complex is 1S$ and to the palace 2S$.

Nothing really impressive in this place, there are much nicer parks around Singapore, but being there and having fun with good people is priceless.

Check Singapore Hotel Deals