Island Way

(910) 278-7770

Island Way Oak Island Reviews

princessbride029 princess…
Overpriced but nice Sep 02, 2012
My husband and I ate dinner at Island Way while vacationing in Oak Island for Labor Day weekend. The restaurant is probably the "fanciest" on the island and has an oceanfront view visible from every table.

Although the atmosphere is more "upscale", we saw many people wearing shorts, tank tops and flip flops, so you don't have to worry if you didn't bring any nice clothes on your beach vacation. ;) They take reservations, and as the place is small I would recommend making them. We were seated without reservations, but we found ourselves strangely hungry at 5:30pm so that's probably why. It seemed to fill up after a little while.

The food was good, portion sizes were small, prices a little too high for quality/quantity. However, my husband pointed out you are really paying for the location/view as well as the food, since there aren't many oceanfront restaurants on the island. There is an "early evening" menu before 6pm with entrees between $12-15. The regular dinner menu has entrees from $18-30, with most in the upper 20s.

Overall, although we had a good meal experience and good service, we would think twice about visiting this restaurant again based on poor value. If you're looking for a good view but don't need the upscale vibe, try the Flying Fish Cafe at the Oak Island Pier!
Dessert! Key Lime Pie