Island Pacific Hotel

Island Pacific Hotel Rates and Deals

Island Pacific Hotel Hong Kong Reviews

ariwardani ariwarda…
Not A Good Choice Jan 06, 2011
First surprise: No lift. We have to carry our big luggage to the second floor where the front desk located. The escalator is so narrow and steep. Beware.

The first floor, they have two doors facing different direction. For taxi, it usually comes to the door which face inside to a basement of the building. For walking outside of the hotel, usually the guests use the other door. Confusing.

The room is so unbelievably small. It's standard room. I've never become a demanding guest and when I write a hotel review, I try my best to be objective, looking to see all the positives and negatives of the hotel where I stayed from my point of view. You can prove it by reading all my reviews about hotels where I stayed in this site.

Somehow, I think for this hotel, I have more negatives opinions than the positive ones.

When we checked-in, they said that they would take care all of our luggage to each of the room. I booked 2 rooms, one for my family and one for my parent. Based on that promise, we directly go to the first floor again to continue exploring Hong Kong while we still have time and energy to do that.

Surprisingly, when we got back to the hotel at 10 pm, the luggage are still not there as promised by the hotel staffs. We have to wait for almost an hour until they send our luggage. We are tired, want to take a shower, change clothes, brush teeth and use our own toiletries etc so it really makes me upset to wait and wait....until they send the luggage to my room.

There are only 2 good points I can address about this hotel.

First, it is located in a strategic location. It's near to Hong Kong tram and near to a local market so you can get your breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, groceries, etc along the streets nearby.

Second, the view is awesome. It's near the sea so from the high floor room, you can see all those jet ferries come and go from the Star ferry pier.

FYI, the standard rooms cost me USD 188,2 for 2 rooms. That means USD 94.1 per room. It was expensive compare to what I got: a very tiny room. Next time when I go to Hong Kong, I'd better survey harder to find a better hotel/better room at around the same price.
ariwardani says:
Thanks for reading my review, Harriet and congrats for being featured!!
Posted on: Oct 25, 2011
Africancrab says:
Nice review, thanks for sharing.
Posted on: Oct 22, 2011
GeorgeLeach GeorgeLe…
Jan 16, 2011
Stayed here for 9 nights in January 2011 and it was a great stay. Staff were very friendly and helpful. We were also upgraded to a harbour view room which was very nice. Rooms had all the stuff you'd expect in them, although the bed was a little hard.

Only real complaint is the hotel is a bit of a distance from the MTR, Shueng Wan being the nearest, but they do offer a free airport shuttle service that drops off at good locations like the Macau ferry port and Hong Kong station which is useful.

There's also a bar downstairs which shows football and a pool, albeit an outside one. The hotel will only book hotels through their partner which is Greyline Tours, one of the main two in Hong Kong but that doesn't matter as they are good and the staff sort everything out for you.

Overall strongly recommended, in spite of the 10 minute walk to the MTR.
I have no idea who Mr Chernov is
mabby mabby
Island Pacific Hotel, Hongkong, Hongkong Mar 01, 2009
When I took Mab to Hongkong just this year, I was worried about finding cheap accomodations that was affordable and comfortable for the 3 of us. So when I found Island Pacific Hotel at www.asiatravel.com i instantly booked considering it was on sale at that time for HKD$450/night/room.

Gazing over the Victoria Harbour, the Hong Kong Island Pacific Hotel is the centerpiece of outstanding waterfront landmarks in West Central, offering a superb retreat from the hustle and bustle of the downtown.

The Hong Kong Island Pacific Hotel is one of the major Hong Kong Hotels of the area and a proven favourite Hong Kong base for discerning business travellers. Although quite far from the touristy Kowloon side, the train station is a bus ride away which i think is still very convenient. A great harbour view can be seen from 80% of the hotel's accomodation. Very clean and tucked away in the more quiet side of Hongkong Island, I would recommend this to those travelling with their kids.

www.islandpacifichotel.com.hk
That's Mab watching tv. :)

Island Pacific Hotel Overview

The Island Pacific HK is situated close to many of the city’s attractions. Guests can enjoy close proximity to the Lan Kwai Fong dining district, Soho, Man Mo Temple, and the convention and exhibition center. Macau and China are a ferry ride away from this Hong Kong hotel. Many shops, seafood houses, and antique markets are close by. The hotel offers many amenities, including a restaurant, a bar, meeting space, a swimming pool, and a sundeck. Less than two miles from a rapid transit station, the Island Pacific hong kong is next to the tunnel, which leads to Kowloon and the airport expressway. The Macau Ferry, which takes passenger to China and Macau, is also close-by.

The Island Pacific Hotel provides rooms with floor-to-ceiling windows, high-speed Internet access, satellite television, in-room safes, direct dial telephones, and private bathrooms with marble counters.

The boutique style Island Pacific Hong Kong Hotel provides a contemporary style with simple, home-like décor. Shopping and dining are close to the accommodation.

Island Pacific Hotel Amenities

• Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Disabled Parking
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes
  • Shower
  • Pool Outdoor
  • Coffee Shop/Cafeteria
  • Bus Parking
  • Doctor on call

Related Travel Blogs About Island Pacific Hotel

Big Buddha and cable car
Today, we move from Island Pacific Hotel in the west of Hong Kong Island to Novotel Citygate at Tung Chung area. After the normal ritual (wake-up, take a bath, have a breakfast, and check-out), we us…Island Pacific Hotel in the west of Hong Kong Island to Novotel Citygate at Tung Chung area. After…

Check Island Pacific Hotel Rates and Deals