Island Hopping in Belitung

Belitung, belitung island, Indonesia

Island Hopping in Belitung belitung island Reviews

Enzi Enzi
The day when the ocean waves whisper me, the memories flows with the waves Aug 22, 2015
It was one of my dreams when I look at the beautiful photos of Belitung Island, I used to say "One day, I'm going to travel to this place”

Belitung is an island with beautiful beaches, the unique landscape with its purely white sand, and the crystal clear sea water. Belitung is also popular with its granite boulder white stone beach in Tanjung Kelayang, Tanjung Tinggi, Tanjung Binga and Lengkuas Island. This beautiful nature is also accompanied by hundreds of small islands, showing the beautiful tourism area in Belitung Island. Belitung Island is one of the best and unique beaches own in Indonesia.

One of Belitung’s most picturesque small islands off the northwest coast is Lengkuas Island. A half-hour boat ride with a local fisherman from Tanjung Kelayang Beach.The panorama in the island is so beautiful featured by lot of granite stones, white sand and clear water. The shallow water enables you to peep what underwater clearly.

The main attraction on the island is an old lighthouse built by Dutch colonial government in 1882. The lighthouse still works to guide traffic of ships that through or in and out of Belitung Island. This lighthouse has 18 floors and 50 meters heights. The old metal on the rusty steps against my bare feet caused me to tip toe all the way up the steep staircase. All eighteen levels of them. White curving walls around the lighthouse, it was hot and stuffy inside the lighthouse and I had planned to climb right to the very top. Despite still being bright white, the slight smudge of rust down one side reveals its true age. The top floor of the lighthouse had an extra floor around the edge of the walls, I see out its tall glass windows. We walked through a small door out onto the balcony. Through the glare of the sun, I was completely encompassed by the blue wide ocean.

Approaching this beach of the islands, I could not help myself but to stare at it with beautiful feeling. It was so amazingly beautiful, that I do not exactly know how to tell every single detail in words. My photographs actually can't represent such feeling and emotion as I was witnessing the awesome the creator.

Walking around the islands, where my feet leave prints to be. The land that holds this beautiful sand. The sand sprinkles between my toes, the smell of the ocean on my nose. I can feel each grain of sand, It falls from the air into my hand. I find the shells along the shore, they sparkle like the ocean's waves.

I am laying on the sand and look up at the sky. I saw the sun shining like a diamond up high. I let my eye wander forward onto the great expanse of sea that spread out before me. Deep blue water that sparkled a brilliantly bright sapphire in the reflection of the sun. The whooshing waves wash endlessly upon the shore.

I found myself and forget all my thoughts. I feel as though I have lived many lives, experienced the heights and depths of each and like the waves of the ocean, never known rest. The best feeling for is to go outside, somewhere in the heavens, and nature. There have been so many great memories on Belitung Island and I feel happy.
Enzi says:
Thanks all for the congrats , smiles and comments on my featured review.
Posted on: Sep 01, 2015
mmeymey says:
congratulations on being featured!
Posted on: Aug 25, 2015
Vikram says:
Your first writeup and it got featured! Didn't I tell you!
Posted on: Aug 25, 2015