Isla Saona

(809) 200-1778

Isla Saona Punta Cana Reviews

thebballkid thebball…
Jan 07, 2008
Isla Saona is an island in the southeast part of the Dominican Republic. Its a bigger island but we went around and on the bottom of where supposedly it is more preserved.

This place looked great on the brochures but turned out even better in person. The trip there was also very fun. We took a bus from Santo Domingo to the dock and then took a boat to the island. It was a semi-organized tour, so there were free "vitamins" on the little speed boat (rum and coke).

After a 20 minute boat ride we were on the island. It was simply gorgeous. Nature preserved. The beach only had a couple bars, and some chairs to sit on and everything else was just nature. Sand beaches, crystal clear ocean, man do I miss that place. There was all you can drink beer and sodas and they even cooked some food for us (can't really remember what I ate). I would highly recommend the Brahma beer instead of the nation-wide popular Presidente. But that is just personal taste i might add.

I couldn't get out of the water it was so beautiful. After the island, we went to a natural pool that was nearby on an even smaller speedboat. That was a real adventure. On the way back the driver went nuts and took some sharp turns and stuff, and we even raced another tour boat. It was awesome. Back at the dock, we bought some nice souvenirs and headed back, by bus again.

This island is the most beautiful place I went to while in Santo Domingo. I am sure the Dominican Republic has lot more to offer that can be competition to Isla Saona, but for now it is one of the prettiest places I have been to. :)
The beaches were just like paradise
On the boat there. You can just te…
rastamermaid says:
Will have to check this out. I'm staying in Bavaro so I'll check a tour company there.
Posted on: Feb 10, 2014
rachyroo says:
Ive done Isla Saona too, it is amazing and more. On our way back to the mainland we detoured slightly and the boats stop mid ocean where its suddenly really shallow! Something to do with the tectonic plates... we had rum and coke standing waist high in the middle of the ocean - unforgettable!!!
Posted on: Jan 13, 2013
sassytrvlr says:
I'm headed there in a few weeks. A little day trip like that sounds right up my alley, "viatamins" and all. How did you arrange it? Whom shall I seek out?
Posted on: Aug 22, 2009