Isla Gecko Resort Boracay

Isla Gecko Resort Boracay Rates and Deals

Isla Gecko Resort Boracay Reviews

TravellinChic Travelli…
Central and cheap accommodation in Boracay May 01, 2011
I made a research on where to stay in Boracay as it has been a long while since I last visited and don't know where to stay best. We don't want to spend a lot and as long as it's clean and decent and has good location, we're ok.

After consulting other travel sites and blogs, I decided to book this hotel. Initially, it was a bit difficult to get the whole length of our stay (7days) Dec 24-31. After a series of follow-ups and a guest backing out, they were able to accommodate us for the whole length.

The cost of the room is 2500/night and we're required to make a 50% deposit which we deposited to a local bank.

We had a hard time locating the hotel because the people don't know about it. It's a small hotel and not along the street as you have to go a bit on a side street so people are not familiar with it. Also, there has been too many hotels in boracay already. I called the hotel and asked for a staff to pick us up at D'Mall. Someone came and picked us up. However, my friend got very dizzy and almost fainted most likely bec of fatigue. SHe flew from Europe and arrived only after several stop-overs. The staff quickly called for help from the owner who immediately arrived with another person. They helped us with our bags and brought us straight to the room. The staff said that the hotel would like to give a complimentary head massage to my friend so as to help her recover. Also, the owner help me find a soup to bring to my friend and he said we could do the check in after my friend became stabilized. We greatly appreciate their concern.

This hotel is very central. It's in the middle of station 2 and a few steps from D'Mall and bars/clubs. There's also a small restaurant on the corner of it's side street taht is good for Filipino breakfast :)

We had a pleasant stay bec the staff are pleasant and try to attend our needs and fix when we report some things e.g. lack of sheets and ac problem. However, we had an unpleasant last day here bec my friend lost her iphone inside the locked room. On our last night, we planned to go out so around 1am we decided to go to the club/bar. Her iphone is "synchronizing with her laptop" at that time and we figured that since we will only be gone for like 2 hrs, we could leave the iphone on the table hooked on her laptop. We locked the door and went back around 3am. She didnt notice the missing iphone until the morning and we tried to look at the whole room even tho we're quite positive it was left outside. After looking throughly, we called the staff to tell them what happened and to request that a police be called.

The police arrived and after a long inquiry and a bit of exchange of words with the owner, they said they will make a report on it.

Overall, I guess, you may still choose to stay here, just be careful that your valuables are locked inside your luggage whenever you leave the room even when you locked it and even when the hotel claims they only have one key to it.

Would still recommend with proper precaution.
yelrish yelrish
Nando's Guesthouse Apr 27, 2011
Nando's Guesthouse is one of the affordable place to stay in Boracay (Station 2). Located in Talipapa Market so don't expect that this place is a beach front. You need to walk 2 minutes to the beach. The prize per night is only 1000 pesos and you can split the cost for 3 people. Inside the place there are 3 beds available,aircon, television and hot and cold shower. They even provide towels for you. Also, they let you allowed to use the kitchen if you like but it is located outside the place.

I don't have any problem staying there because I found the place very accessible to market and also to filipino restaurants( Andoks and Mang Inasal). Plus, the owner was so nice and she helped us to find a cheap ATV ride during our stay.
3 bed good for 3 person
crazychictraveller crazychi…
The Comfy Isla Gecko Mar 07, 2009
The hotel is relaxing and very homey. It is spacious and styled like a rest house (it reminds me of my lolo’s rest house). The place uses native products to accentuate a comfy atmosphere. Also the owner of Isla Gecko is friendly and accommodating. There is a mini bar near the lobby. They also offer food all day which is cheaper than the restaurant in the beach front and some I can say is good for sharing.

The inn is not beach front thus we enjoy calm evening if we want to relax and enjoy, compared to the busy beach area. But it is walking distance from the beach and is near at talipapa market. I can say the place is accessible to any commodities.

The room we rented is complete with air-conditioning system, cable television, and private tiled bathroom with toilet and shower. You don’t need to bring towel since they provide one to each guest (and we are group of 6).

Overall, it is one of the best place I stayed in. Good commodities and also economical.
crazychictraveller says:
no worries eric!
Posted on: May 03, 2011
Eric says:
Thanks for sharing!
Posted on: Mar 02, 2011

Isla Gecko Resort Boracay Overview

Isla Gecko is a homey, clean and comfortable resort at the middle of station 2. A modern 2 year old blend of native and concrete design. The location of Isla Gecko is approximately 1 minute walk off famous white sand beach offers easy and short access to many beaches, shopping and nightlife areas. Isla Gecko has a small bar and bistro, where refreshments and short order menus are served. From Isla Gecko to Boracay's famous White Beach is approximately 1 minute stroll and for guests who love more quiet and serene beaches: Bulabog beach, the home of Wind and Kite Surfers is only a short distance to the East. The rooms are simple but stylish with aircon, cable TV, ensuites are tiled with hot and cold shower. Each room has there own bathroomYour choice of rooms. Whe have rooms with twin double beds, rooms with twin single beds, a bunk room with four beds, rooms with one double bed and rooms with treble single beds.

Isla Gecko Resort Amenities

• Desk
  • Direct dial phone
  • Massage
  • Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower