Isla Blanca

Isla Blanca - Desert

Isla Blanca Fez Reviews

tsara tsara
Can't get enough fab tagine Jul 11, 2012
Arriving in Fes early afternoon from Spain and not knowing where to go for dinner, I approached a couple from California who happened to be an Iranian American and asked them if I could join them for dinner. And it so happened that they had a nice conversation with hotel porter earlier who recommended Isla Blanca restaurant. It was only 15 minutes’ walk from Royal Mirage Fes where we stayed and located in a busy street of Hassan II, Ville Nouvelle. What captured my eyes was that the restaurants installed double-glazed doors that probably to keep the noisy street out and the cool air conditioned room inside. The only drawback was the strong smell of cigarette even though we supposedly sat in a non-smoking room. The rear room is much larger and most locals chose to have dinner probably because they could talk freely and often times it became too noisy. The interior is modern and intimate at the front part of the non-smoking area. The menu includes a selection of cold and hot appetizers such as seafood patilla and cheese platter. The entrée range from pasta, pizza, grilled meats and grilled Saint-Pierre. Since we came along way from the US, we of course wanted a true Moroccan cuisine and that’s why we chose a three-course Moroccan set menu for 180dirham that include desserts. The lamb tagine was so deliciously moist and succulent. All the spices blended perfectly within the meat . And their vegetable couscous really complements the tagine, especially after the broth poured into it that enhances the taste of the couscous. It was just a perfect meal for the three of us an. We closed our dinner with drinking its sweet and refreshing mint tea and went back to our hotel feeling satisfied. I wish that I could go back there just to taste their 3 course menu again.
3 course meal
Desert
Dr_Seuss says:
Congrats on the feature :) Love food cooked in a tagine, but even after I fortnight I still couldn't stand couscous :D
mirkku387 says:
Congrats on the featured review! Your descriptions on the food makes me want to go back to Morocco and eat my way around in there again! :)
simsing says:
Congrats on the feature! Food looks yummy!

Check Fez Hotel Deals