Isabella's

www.isabellas.com - 212 724 2100

Isabella's New York Reviews

ellechic ellechic
Casual neighborhood dining in the Upper West Side Aug 05, 2013
Isabella's is located on the corner of 77th street and Columbus Avenue in NYC's Upper West Side, just southwest of the American Natural History Museum.

They offer outdoor seating, delicious brunch and welcome families and couples in a sophisticated yet relaxed atmosphere.

During this visit, NYC Summer Restaurant Week is going on so it was perfect timing.

The weather was beautiful and we got outdoor seating.

My friends and I ordered from their restaurant week menu, a 3-course meal for ($25) excluding drinks and tips.

To start, I had the blackened beef skewers of grilled hangar steak, roasted potatoes on a bed of cilantro emulsion with greens. It was delicious! My friends ordered other appetizers from the menu: the cucumber avocado gazpacho with spicy crispy corn and grilled stone fruit salad of arugula, pickled vegs, smoked blue cheese and crispy prosciutto.

For entree, we all decided to have their lemon rosemary chicken with citrus roasted carrot, artichoke couscous, and yogurt relish. To break it down, all was good but the yougurt relish was a little too much.

Full from the appetizer and entree, I almost dreaded the dessert! But I could never say no when it comes to dessert. I ordered the summer fruit upside-down cake with vanilla bean crème anglaise and mixed berry ice cream, which was simply yummy - it was lightly rich and still so refreshing - perfect for summer, indeed. My friends had the triple chocolate cheesecake with cherry compote and whipped cream, which they enjoyed as well.

If it wasn't Restaurant Week, the price for all 3-course would most likely be around $50.

Overall, the food is delish, the atmosphere very relaxed and my friends and I thoroughly enjoyed our lunch there!
Isabella's: Summer fruit upside-do…

Check New York Hotel Deals